Venting my New Dryer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Seems like one of these might work if you can't make the elbow work:

Perfect idea. Just extends too far to the left.

this comment does not help but Merica has not handled dryer hook ups well- I have only owned 3 houses, but have lived in more- I dont know what the solution is but builders / home designersneed to do have a part.
one problem with bottom discharge is how do you move the dryer left or right?
some design team needs to work on it.

I have a similar kit to the builders home kit.

Two elbows, I use the semi rigid tubing, and cut it as short as possible.

No problems, no leaks, and short dry times.

I take the thing apart every year and clean it out.

I too wanted to do a full rigid tubing solution, but my washer/dryer is in a closet in our kitchen, so space was a concern.

When I lived in NY I had a full basement with tons of room, I could have done rigid there no problem. There is just not enough space behind the driver if yours is in a closet.

Originally Posted By: Gebo
Well, I got the dryer in the room. I can go 28 feet with four 90's so that's good. Manual said one ninety reduced the straight run by 6 feet. I should have only one 90. And maybe a couple 45's.

After all your input, I'm gonna just finagle some aluminum adjustable connecters. Should take one 90 and 2 more adjustable ones and a little foil tape.

Thanks!

What is the max distance for a dryer vent run? 28 feet seems too long. I would think a lot of lint will build up part way down the duct.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
Well, I got the dryer in the room. I can go 28 feet with four 90's so that's good. Manual said one ninety reduced the straight run by 6 feet. I should have only one 90. And maybe a couple 45's.

After all your input, I'm gonna just finagle some aluminum adjustable connecters. Should take one 90 and 2 more adjustable ones and a little foil tape.

Thanks!

65 feet

What is the max distance for a dryer vent run? 28 feet seems too long. I would think a lot of lint will build up part way down the duct.

Well, after 3 trips to Lowe's and praying look what I got done. Shoulda prayed sooner...

I'm fairly impressed. It's blowing so hard through the vent outside it's rearranging my mulch! Hot diggity dog!

Thanks for all your suggestions. All I gotta do now is a little foil taping.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
but builders / home designers need to do have a part.
one problem with bottom discharge is how do you move the dryer left or right?
some design team needs to work on it.

Dryer outlets used to NEVER be on the bottom - that's just STUPID!!!!!!

They need to go up near the top, like they used to be....

that way you can lean over the top and make the connection.

I'm fairly impressed. It's blowing so hard through the vent outside it's rearranging my mulch!!

grin.gif
crackmeup2.gif
grin2.gif
lol.gif

It was starting to get a little scary trying to mate up 3 adjustable vents. I honestly don't know how I did it. I got that clammy sweat standing on the ladder that needed a another rung half way above the one I was standing on and the next rung. I wonder why my eyes are itching
cry.gif

I guess I got spoiled with my belts having 3/4 inch spacing between the holes vs the standard 1 inch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back