Vehicles they no longer make that I miss (and would possibly buy) if still made

I liked the idea of Acura ZDX. Not necessarily Acura’s implementation which was ugly, too heavy, and had too many compromises but I like the idea of a sportier AWD vehicle that is a split between a car and an SUV. I think in its best year Acura sold <3300 so I understand why they discontinued it but I think that idea could’ve worked and I may still have bought one flaws and all.

1990 Ford F-150 300 6 cylinder 1/2 ton with a 4 speed manual transmission white with a blue insert. Basic vehicle that runs forever and is very easy to maintain and inexpensive to buy brand new.

1969 Camaro Rally Sport 396 hugger orange with black houndstooth interior and air conditioning.

Not a car but: 1969 Honda Z-50 mini trail bike red/silver or yellow/silver

The 93-11 Ford Ranger.
Managing to keep my fourth one patched together though.

1990 Ford F-150 300 6 cylinder 1/2 ton with a 4 speed manual transmission white with a blue insert. Basic vehicle that runs forever and is very easy to maintain and inexpensive to buy brand new.
I still keep my 1995 reg cab with a 4.9 and 5 speed going. its getting up there in age though. The last time I got in it I was disappointed to learn the air conditioning didnt kick on. It had a pretty good run I'll say

Jeep Comanche 4.0L 4x4. Can't decide if I'd want the automatic or 5 speed. Probably an XJ Cherokee too.
+1

Jeep Comanche 4.0L/5MT 4x4 short bed, Pioneer trim... in red. I do wish I could buy my 1990 Jeep Cherokee Limited again, but brand new. That Jeep was a tank, and loaded for 1990.

As for cars, a new BMW that doesn't feel like you are playing a video game when you drive it. A new E39 530i manual or an E46 M3 would be nice.

64.5-66 Mustang, not a repro but with the cowl leak design fixed.
Dodge Dakota, 2nd gen (early 2000's)
Dodge Omni or Plymouth Horizon (early 80's) with fuel injection

Wouldn't necessarily want one with all the weird issues of the originals, but a Dodge Omni GLHS made with modern quality control and materials, but not 1 ounce heavier.
You could say that about a lot of 80s cars like CRXs. Things have really gotten fat.

Though the CRX is already a measurable amount better assembled than the omni.

Reactions: JC1
You could say that about a lot of 80s cars like CRXs. Things have really gotten fat.

Though the CRX is already a measurable amount better assembled than the omni.
Honda's of that time were pretty well put together, I got to drive a clean late 80's Civic hatch around Vancouver a few years ago and it was pretty solid really. Might not be the first car I'd pick to do 1000 miles on the interstate, but if there was some windy roads at the end, I would put up with it. It also fit a modern enduro mountain bike in the back with the seats down, and a couple guys at the trailhead were impressed with the new $6k carbon mtb coming out of the 30 year old econo car!

Back