Vehicle Sighting - 1975 Chevy Impala Custom

Spotted this beauty last week. I think it's a '75, but it may be a '74. Certainly not a '76, because it doesn't have the rectangular headlights.

20221102_174212.jpg

20221102_174237.jpg

20221102_174228.jpg

20221102_174247.jpg

For whatever reason, seems fewer 70’s full size GM cars survived, as opposed to Ford. Not terribly unusual to see similar year LTD’s cruising around, but rarely see a Chevy.

Thanks for sharing!

Cool. If it were a '75 it'd have a catalytic converter... Came to be used then. For sure it's carbureted, and likely a 350. I believe, though, that those full sized Chev's still were available with a six... and also with a three on the tree. Could be wrong. That one looks up-market by way of version...

Cool. If it were a '75 it'd have a catalytic converter... Came to be used then. For sure it's carbureted, and likely a 350. I believe, though, that those full sized Chev's still were available with a six... and also with a three on the tree. Could be wrong. That one looks up-market by way of version...
The only V8 available for that generation ('71 - '76) was the 350. The 250 inline-6 was offered at least in '71, and I think right through. The 3-on-the-tree manual was definitely available for '71, but I'm not sure how much after that. Likely only in the Biscayne.

The only V8 available for that generation ('71 - '76) was the 350. The 250 inline-6 was offered at least in '71, and I think right through. The 3-on-the-tree manual was definitely available for '71, but I'm not sure how much after that. Likely only in the Biscayne.
454 and maybe 400 also available? May have required Caprice instead of Impala though. Canada and US may have had different offerings.

Cannot imagine driving one of these with a 250 and powerglide though.

454 and maybe 400 also available? May have required Caprice instead of Impala though. Canada and US may have had different offerings.

Cannot imagine driving one of these with a 250 and powerglide though.
I had no idea the 250 was available with a 3 speed manual or 2 speed auto 😳

I owned a '71 Biscayne with the 250, Rochester Monojet (1-bbl), and Powerglide. Acceleration was leisurely, and it was very hard on gas.

I owned a '71 Biscayne with the 250, Rochester Monojet (1-bbl), and Powerglide. Acceleration was leisurely, and it was very hard on gas.
Hey, if you’re broke from buying gas and you car won’t go fast, sounds like a good way to stay out of trouble!

NICE!
I can't tell if it's a '74 or '75. 🤷‍♂️
I had a white '74 w/red Landau top, red interior & skirts above the rear wheels.
It's hard to remember all of the details. However what I do remember is that it rode like a BUICK and was almost as quiet.
It would practically put you to sleep.

Last edited:
Back