Valvoline oil for Husqvarna TS354XD garden tractor

I am looking at buying a Husqvarna TS354XD for next year's mowing season. No need to let part of the warranty run out while it sits unused over the winter.

I live in Oklahoma where summer heat can get quite warm. Husqvarna "recommends" their Ktech oil, (last I checked, it was a Citgo product). I've used Vavloine since 1983, and was wondering which Valvoline oil is suitable for the Kawasaki FR730V engine on the Husqvarna TS354XD garden tractor, if any. Or am I confined to the Kawasaki Ktech oil?

Also which grade of oil for Oklahoma summers that can get to 100° plus in temperature.

Thanks
Keith

Steal some oil from the jugs you fill your vehicles with, It's what i do. I've put 5w-20 to 15w-40 in my john deere and ariens gravely.

Found the mother load of 10w 30 premium blue on sale. $11 gal
20240417_172811.jpg
I splurged on a case and a half. Before i even changed oil in my truck I put it in my tiller. Running great. Put it in my plow tractor "1980s Bolens garden tractor" needs a new battery but jumped it and is running great. I did see somewhere on here a little while back that it's not reccommened or it was someone that wouldn't use it in small engines? Why? The tiller was free and I just splurged on a whopping 14 dollars for a brand spanking new inner tube. And unfortunately I'll have to get a battery for the tractor. But why would you not use this oil in a small engine? It lubricates, it cleans... I haven't even seen a noa or even a uoa of this stuff. Is it that they don't want to destroy Penzoil or the other competitors? I think im going to send some off unless someone knows of an existing analysis I am unable to find. Cheers!

Found the mother load of 10w 30 premium blue on sale. $11 gal
View attachment 214756 I splurged on a case and a half. Before i even changed oil in my truck I put it in my tiller. Running great. Put it in my plow tractor "1980s Bolens garden tractor" needs a new battery but jumped it and is running great. I did see somewhere on here a little while back that it's not reccommened or it was someone that wouldn't use it in small engines? Why? The tiller was free and I just splurged on a whopping 14 dollars for a brand spanking new inner tube. And unfortunately I'll have to get a battery for the tractor. But why would you not use this oil in a small engine? It lubricates, it cleans... I haven't even seen a noa or even a uoa of this stuff. Is it that they don't want to destroy Penzoil or the other competitors? I think im going to send some off unless someone knows of an existing analysis I am unable to find. Cheers!
I've only seen the opposite, lots of people recommending it for small engines, including myself. It's great oil, use with confidence.

Back