Valvoline keep sodium for Gen2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wemay, Thanks for that. Fuel dilution is a concern of mine as well as I short trip quite a bit. As for sound, like bbhero I never noticed much if any difference between oils. New oil always sounds quieter imo. M1 made my Mitsu 3.0 a bit noisy on the top end. Castrol seemed quieter after I switched. So far I smell no fuel in my Mazda oil and with a mix of mostly conservative driving with some spirited revs in the 4-5k range I’m assuming it will break in nicely. The most fun I have is with the transmission in manual mode.

I am getting you some hearing aides too PimTac
smile.gif

Just messing with ya. I do notice a bit of difference between those I listed. Not huge. The slight tic sound in the VQ motor is quieter with Castrol Magnatec and Valvoline and Havoline Pro DS. Just a touch louder with Mobil Super Synthetic. And Royal Purple API SN sounded downright terrible. Making me think there was a real problem there.

I don’t know remember if Valvoline was quieter than any other oils. I will tell you, when I was an exclusive Valvoline user, I always got a little better fuel mileage. I will be going back to SynPower in my Escape.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Wemay I am joking with you here... I might just send ya some good hearing aides for Christmas stocking stuffers
smile.gif

13.gif
They might work!

Ahh maybe
smile.gif

Seriously I have a Littman 3100 stethoscope that is electronically aided to help me hear better when I listen to patients heart sounds and lung sounds. It is not because I have a hearing deficit. It just amplifies the sounds and really make them stand out. That stethoscope cost $420 not on sale. I got it for $320. Everyone I have given it to really has been blown away by how good it works and what they can hear. Truly get what ya pay for in this instance.

“I am getting you some hearing aides too PimTac “

I do need them. I cannot hear out of my right ear and my left ear is not picking up low frequencies. This from a test I had done. Hearing aids are not cheap though.

Yeah they are not cheap at all... Fitted well with good hardware ones are definitely worth their weight in proverbial gold. I hope you can get them sooner than later. Really can make more of a difference than one would first think.
Interesting fact to note... Hearing is the last sense to go on people about ready to pass away. I had a lady Ms. B and she opened her eyes and definitely recognized my voice when I talked with her the other night. She passed on 32 hrs later. When I came on shift she was seeming like she would not be responsive. But when she heard me talking she perked right up. Something very meaningful there. To have the ability to make that kind of impact on another person to the point where they still recognize you when you talk to them as they are about to leave this world. Rather humbling I must say.

Yeah they are not cheap at all... Fitted well with good hardware ones are definitely worth their weight in proverbial gold. I hope you can get them sooner than later. Really can make more of a difference than one would first think.
Interesting fact to note... Hearing is the last sense to go on people about ready to pass away. I had a lady Ms. B and she opened her eyes and definitely recognized my voice when I talked with her the other night. She passed on 32 hrs later. When I came on shift she was seeming like she would not be responsive. But when she heard me talking she perked right up. Something very meaningful there. To have the ability to make that kind of impact on another person to the point where they still recognize you when you talk to them as they are about to leave this world. Rather humbling I must say.

My father passed away in 1982 of cancer. He was bedridden and always in a lot of pain. In those days the pain control methods were nowhere near as advanced as they are today. On his last day however he was in a good mood and was having hardly any pain. He even sat up in bed to watch television, something he hadn’t done in months. He passed away during the night.

I admit my hearing is not good today but my reference to M1 occurred in the early 2000’s. To me it sounded like valves that need slight adjustment. Of course, that engine had hydraulic lifters. (Mitsubishi 6G74). With Castrol Syntec it was nice and quiet. I was using 5w-30 as specified by Mitsu for that engine.

I have heard and been told that Costco is a good place to get aids. When I had my test done, the audiologist was steering me towards aids ranging from $4500-6200 for the pair. I knew they were expensive but I was still shocked at those prices.

My mom fell ill not long after I started college and I rushed home to find her in intensive care, looking just awful, and seemingly not responsive.
She had not gotten along well with our dad for many years so he left the room so my sister and I could talk to her. We each held a hand and told her that we loved her so much and couldn't imagine not having her in our lives. After we talked to her for a few minutes I noticed that a single tear was rolling down her cheek.

I feel that she knew we were there and am thankful for that, but also am still tormented by the idea that she was conscious and in horrible pain and couldn't communicate that to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back