Valvoline "EASY POUR" jugs spotted

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be so much simpler if they just went back to cans and a punch spout. Never had any pour issues with those.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
How does the "Easy Pour" make it easier to pour ?

Dunno, how bout you buy a jug and THEN TELL US :^)

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: PimTac
It would be so much simpler if they just went back to cans and a punch spout. Never had any pour issues with those.

That is one thing I do not mind staying in the past. Round cans taking up more shelf space than square plastic bottles and not having to cart around a punch spout in the trunk for that occasional top off that seem to accumulate dirt and gunk like nobody's business. Never mind the fact of having a partial quart left over with a big gaping hole that cannot be seal shut. No thanks, I will pass on that.

I'll admit the screwtop bottles are the way to go. It was one of those "why didn't they do this earlier" moments for me.

My statement was a bit of a joke. I do remember those old cans. The ones that were dented at the store were horrible so I would leave them for perfect ones. Like all things, the cardboard started to get thinner likely to cost cutting. The oil would eventually seep through the cardboard with age.

Bottle design is a great idea. Ravenol has some good designs including notches for the other hand and dimples for gripping at strategic places.

Originally Posted By: PimTac
I'll admit the screwtop bottles are the way to go. It was one of those "why didn't they do this earlier" moments for me.

My statement was a bit of a joke. I do remember those old cans. The ones that were dented at the store were horrible so I would leave them for perfect ones. Like all things, the cardboard started to get thinner likely to cost cutting. The oil would eventually seep through the cardboard with age.

Bottle design is a great idea. Ravenol has some good designs including notches for the other hand and dimples for gripping at strategic places.

I can remember my dad always buying oil by the case and many times opening up a couple of cases and swapping between them to get a best case set that was not leaking. Nothing like watching him pop a gasket picking up a cardboard boxed case of canned oil to have it all fall out from the bottom because the cardboard got oil soaked from a leaking can.

When I was 12-13 in the mid 70's, my brother and saw a go kart on the farm behind ours that had not been used in a while. It was a home-made kart, and actually was welded very well, but it was HEAVY. It had an engine mount on each side, and one McCulloch two stroke mounted on the left side, with megaphone exhaust. Flap brakes. We did some trading, that involved money and goats. We also traded for a Briggs and Stratton horizontal shaft 3 1/2 horse engine. We weren't much on two-strokes. Ditched the two stroke. A couple of weeks later, I spotted a quart of Quaker State(in the can) 50 weight racing oil(with the crossed checkered flags). We put that oil in that Briggs. We were so proud. I am sure we were making 2 1/2 horses after that, but that oil was bad-[censored].

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back