Valvoline 5W-30. 5,103 miles, 2010 Traverse DI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's more to do with whatever local area calls for it or not. I'd imagine LA does. I saw a chart someone posted on another forum. Most of the country isn't affected, though a lot of populated areas are. I believe all of Cali is. This 'change' is just now happening again at this time of year so, could explain even better numbers(aside from other variables etc).

this fill of Valvoline is the ILSAC-GF4 (I guess thats SM?).

I have about 45 quarts of oil- and I know I used the Older oil- as the new bottles with slightly different labels are the new Ilsac-GF5 (SN). I wanted to use the older stuff 1st.
the GF-5 has the labels that look like the bottles in the front. the one way in the back- with a slight diff label is the GF-4.
The drive was from Los Angeles to Santa Barbara, then on to Buellton about another 40 miles away. Along the 101. So some of the drive is right along the Coast. The ocean is right next to the highway. Morning temps were 50-60. And Im pretty sure that we are now on summer blend.

DSC01705.jpg

Last edited:
That val will do you just fine, get a good filter. If you are leary about heat try dura blend or a shell t6 5w40.

I love this stuff--- cheap and I have great UOA on several cars. Ive posted 11,500 mile UOA of this oil in my 03 Trailblazer (0% OLM).
Great results for our climate and driving style... and $2.40 a quart when on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back