Valvoline 5W-30 EP 2017 Ford 2.0L Ecoboost 5K mile UOA

2017 Lincoln 2.0L Ecoboost 5K mile oil change. Third oil change on the new engine with Valvoline 5W-30 EP. Vis a little low but the TBN is really good
Thanks guys

Attachments

• 522DBF15-9B38-4313-ABEA-0BDA38E50C54.jpeg
    522DBF15-9B38-4313-ABEA-0BDA38E50C54.jpeg
    122 KB · Views: 393
Everything looks good. Silicon should come down. Your Lincoln is in good health. I thought I saw an add that Valvoline is having a rebate today but ?

I’ve been planning that next for the Mustang but I was hoping for better viscosity retention.

Otherwise looks great thanks for posting.

Running the regular advanced now but not doing a UOA, it was the first change to get break in metals flushed sooner and it will only have 3500 miles on it.

Some say the Advance Valvoline is a tick better than the EP
So your probably good either way

That doesn’t make sense to me. Since it’s rated for longer OCIs and it costs more you would think I’d be paying for even better viscosity retention, resistance to breakdown and oxidation over the Advanced.

I haven’t really looked at many UOAs of Advanced. Guess I should.

Why new engine after 6 years?

Putting my money on coolant intrusion

The 1.5L, 2.0L, and 2.3L Ecoboosts from 2017 to 2020 have a design defect that can lead to coolant intrusion. If you read for the forums for all the cars that have these engines, its just endless posts of new engines under warranty, and poor souls paying $8K+ for new blocks out of warranty

[QUOTE="I In what way(s)?
[/QUOTE]
The VOA that I remember seeing the Advanced had a tad higher TBN and the additives where just a few numbers better. But that’s on paper so who really knows from one sample to another
My guess is the biggest difference is the label on the jug. Both perform basically the same

Back