Valve Train Pictures - 2014 Chevy Cruze 1.4T 150,000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. You might want to invest in an MSD coil for it. I had to replace the one in our daughters 2012 Cruze once and it started acting up again so i got the MSD coil and now it runs great and her mpg went up 4mpg.

MSD coil

Real nice example of how nice and clean a motor can be with proper care.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by LoneRanger
Daaayuuuum, that looks good. Good omen for the 1.5 in our Terrain. Evolution of the same engine.

The 1.4, 1.5, and 2.0 new SGE engines share nothing with the old 1.4T. It's 100% a different engine.

Not that it's a bad thing.

Last edited:
Does look rather good Mr W....
Cam lobes look like a touch of wear but certainly still look good.

Originally Posted by ls1mike
Wow that looks great! Is it still pretty quiet?

Yes, the engine is very quiet, but the injectors sure are noisy - they click pretty loud when the inject. Trav has said that's normal.

Originally Posted by bbhero

Every cam lobe I could see looked exactly the same way. What looks like linear scratches - the same way every cam picture I've see looks like then they get some miles on them. I'll bet this engine has another 150,000 miles in it.

Hope you are right … 128k on our 2013. From looking in the fill spout, the top is very clean.

Originally Posted by wwillson
Originally Posted by bbhero

Every cam lobe I could see looked exactly the same way. What looks like linear scratches - the same way every cam picture I've see looks like then they get some miles on them. I'll bet this engine has another 150,000 miles in it.

I agree... Maybe 200,000+ miles...

Looks great, whatever the previous owner used worked well and I am betting they were using a Dexos certified 5w/30 oil. Why are you using HDEO which, I believe, most are not Dexos rated? Regardless of specs - it is working for you very well as the proof is in the pictures!

Originally Posted by GMBoy
Looks great, whatever the previous owner used worked well and I am betting they were using a Dexos certified 5w/30 oil. Why are you using HDEO which, I believe, most are not Dexos rated? Regardless of specs - it is working for you very well as the proof is in the pictures!

Probably because it's out of warranty and he stated he uses 0w30 in the imwinter time which is DEXOS1 GEN 2 rated
wink.gif

WWilson: does look very clean. Thank You for sharing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back