USS Indianapolis found after 72 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: WyrTwister
The " Rape of Nanking " . :-(

Yes, as it is often called. What an absolutely horrific crime against humanity.

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
You will get no defense from me over the Japanese. They were brutal racist monsters.
Unit 731 was terriable and I can't believe we did not put these monsters on trail after the war and execute more of them they made the Germans look like Unisef.
I believe the strife between Japan and China exist today because of Japans attrocities.
Can't say I blame the Chinese.

Well there are various accounts if we're talking total deaths, but I don't think the Japanese were worse than the Germans, some accounts say that Hitler is credited with about 12 million deaths, the Japanese 5 million. Mao rings in at 40 million and Stalin at 20 million. Stalin and Mao don't get as much mention because we never went to war with them. Hitler could be as high as 40 million if you want to say he was responsible for starting WWII. Or can you blame the French and British for not having a stronger backbone and stopping him from taking Czechoslovakia which gave him the impression that he would have a free hand with Poland and that the British and the French weren't going to do anything. It's interesting that they declared war on Germany but no on the Soviets.

In addition to the Jews, the Germans also killed about 3.3 million of the 5.7 million Soviet POWs. Hitler considered them sub-human. The soviets were also bad, of the 91,000 in the 6th Army that were captured, only about 6,000 survived the war.

You will get no defense from me over the Japanese. They were brutal racist monsters.
Unit 731 was terriable and I can't believe we did not put these monsters on trail after the war and execute more of them they made the Germans look like Unisef.
I believe the strife between Japan and China exist today because of Japans attrocities.

Then FFS stop making excuses for Hitler.. It's just nauseating...

I am not stating any POWs had it pleasant. I was stating that Germany was less racial towards blacks at the same time period therefore being black in a POW camp meant very little.
Just about every country in that war was committing war crimes. The United States actually got removed from Geneva Convention.
I still consider the Japanese and the Russians the biggest offenders and neither got any punishment which was a crime in itself to let both countries off for the attrocities they committed.
Read about Unit 731 and all the fun stuff they had in plans for America like Bubonic plague flea bombs and the experiments on the Chinese that we said trade ya for.

"Less racial towards blacks?" German troops murdered about 15,000 French colonial African troops in 1940. All based on fake myths and probably heavy drug use of meph...

How were the Einsatzkommando? You seem to defend Nazis a bit...

Originally Posted By: Wolf359

Well there are various accounts if we're talking total deaths, but I don't think the Japanese were worse than the Germans, some accounts say that Hitler is credited with about 12 million deaths, the Japanese 5 million. Mao rings in at 40 million and Stalin at 20 million. Stalin and Mao don't get as much mention because we never went to war with them. Hitler could be as high as 40 million if you want to say he was responsible for starting WWII. Or can you blame the French and British for not having a stronger backbone and stopping him from taking Czechoslovakia which gave him the impression that he would have a free hand with Poland and that the British and the French weren't going to do anything. It's interesting that they declared war on Germany but no on the Soviets.

In addition to the Jews, the Germans also killed about 3.3 million of the 5.7 million Soviet POWs. Hitler considered them sub-human. The soviets were also bad, of the 91,000 in the 6th Army that were captured, only about 6,000 survived the war.

Your numbers are way low for both. Statistically the Chinese suffered the worst followed by Poland of the top of my head. Those countries alone exceed the totals you state..

Edit: Stalin and Mao were both A holes, but no idea where you're getting your numbers from....

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
Originally Posted By: Wolf359

Your numbers are way low for both. Statistically the Chinese suffered the worst followed by Poland of the top of my head. Those countries alone exceed the totals you state..

Those numbers are somewhat open to interpretation so there's usually a wide range. Some of it depends on whether you include deaths from famines which may have resulted from bad policy or intentional effects of withholding food from a particular area, sort indirect deaths vs actual deaths caused by a particular side. Both Germany and Japan were pretty pretty brutal, I don't think it's accurate to imply that the Germans were mild compared to the Japanese.

I agree with your overall point but the Soviets suffered mass murder on a large scale, for instance 3.5 million Soviet Red Army Soldiers were starved to death in German "POW camps" alone. I think the number for Hitler is closer to about 30 million and the Japanese Imperial *****oles not far behind...

You think our side did not have the equivalent and does I am sure this day you are nieve.
It's war it's not a duel.

You think our side did not have the equivalent and does I am sure this day you are nieve.
It's war it's not a duel.

"Our side" was not perfect and we did some awful things. But we didn't put Jews in murders showers and we didn't intentionally starve Soviets to death (among many other horrible things). Dude, seriously with the "Hitler wasn't so bad" shtick..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back