Used stealers are getting crazier still.

Saw an ad for this even though I'm in Texas and this thing is in Wisconsin but this place is out of it.

They're asking 12k for the most basic XL spec manual 2wd 4 cyl ford ranger because it's "low mileage" though 36k for a 2011 isn't even low. I'd say under 15k is low mileage and even then it's not worth more than half of what they're asking. The seat is worn and they didn't even bother to clean the dirty thing.

I bet they only paid 2500 for it when some guy traded it in for like a kia rio or something. Most I'd pay for it is 4k.

Used prices have fallen, but they have flattened out and I don't think there going much lower.

Someone will pay $10K for this because they need a truck and will perceive its low mileage to be a good value. Not saying I would, but someone will.

Old rangers are loved and the next collectible. New trucks are too big for CAFE shadow reasons.

I bet they only paid 2500 for it when some guy traded it in for like a kia rio or something. Most I'd pay for it is 4k.
Umm...no. Dealers paid over $10k with 59,000 miles, and over $9K with 93,000 miles. What you want to pay is just a down payment.

ranger.jpg

Saw an ad for this even though I'm in Texas and this thing is in Wisconsin but this place is out of it.

They're asking 12k for the most basic XL spec manual 2wd 4 cyl ford ranger because it's "low mileage" though 36k for a 2011 isn't even low. I'd say under 15k is low mileage and even then it's not worth more than half of what they're asking. The seat is worn and they didn't even bother to clean the dirty thing.

I thought 2010 was the last year of production of the "original" non European Ford rangers? My friend had an 80's and early 2000's and they both had well into the mid 150k miles from memory.

I thought 2010 was the last year of production of the "original" non European Ford rangers? My friend had an 80's and early 2000's and they both had well into the mid 150k miles from memory.
2011 was the last model year of this style. My FIL drove them after her retired from farming - which meant he just farmed less. They always served him well. My BIL still has his last one - which must be 20 YO now and running fine last I heard.

Is not what a car is worth these days-it's what you can buy with given dollars. I had a used car dealer here who had some low millage small pickups (From a city owned fleet). They were priced "at market". So he made it quite clear that you had to either pay cash or come up with a substantial down payment because banks wouldn't financed the amount the was "over Bluebook".

There were guys on this forum over 5 years ago who said "they would never pay over Bluebook" for a vehicle. The last several years would have made them pedestrians to still have that mindset.

$12,000.00 for reliable transportation in today's market is not bad.

Other than the oil pan gasket & rack/pinion steering, I’m not aware of major issues with these if they’re maintained. Should be good to 200K if taken care of, but WI rust ia a possibility. $12K is a good indicator of how ridiculous prices of used trucks have gotten.

The cheapest new Frontier with destination is $32K. You might get one at that price if you can negotiate all the dealers add on garbage back off.

If your an indy painter or handyman or whatever, you can't afford $32K.

The price of everything - cars, rent, etc - is making being a simple working person impossible.

Back