Uptime for Android devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, thanks. I guess unlike Android, iOS doesn't need an uptime clock
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: kschachn
I was going to play, but where do you find that on an iPhone?

Downloaded an app called system status lite (free).

grin.gif

I was going to play, but where do you find that on an iPhone?

Downloaded an app called system status lite (free).

Weird that we have them on routers and servers then eh?
wink.gif
I recently rebooted a Cisco 1921 that had been up for 3 years and the only reason it got turned off was because it was being moved, LOL!! However I also recently decom'd a DELL Poweredge that had been on-line since ~2003, LMAO!! Now of course running RHEL 2.1, it had an uptime counter
wink.gif

Heh, I was just yanking a chain there
smile.gif
I know some servers have incredibly long uptimes. It is amazing.

I know you were
cheers3.gif

My up time is usually low (Samsung Stratosphere)... but I'm going to blame that on abused hardware rather than the OS, right now. If it would actually hold a 4G connection consistently I would leave it alone.

It's too bad my "upgrade" date isn't until January. I'm dying to replace this thing.

I was on a Cisco 12416 router at work the other day that had an uptime of 5 years 36 weeks. Pretty impressive for a device that carries terabytes of traffic every day.

Up to 199:05:00.

Thought I was going to have to reboot over the weekend, but the problem ended up being with my router.

Now, my router up time absolutely sucks. I'm about to impulsively buy a new one of those, but I'm trying to hold out however, the weekly (or more frequent) reboots is getting pretty annoying.

Originally Posted By: racer12306
Up to 199:05:00.

Thought I was going to have to reboot over the weekend, but the problem ended up being with my router.

Now, my router up time absolutely sucks. I'm about to impulsively buy a new one of those, but I'm trying to hold out however, the weekly (or more frequent) reboots is getting pretty annoying.

Seriously, on a router?

Why dont you just program in a reboot in the firmware? Or get a weekly timer and in the middle of the night one or a few days a week, make it power down then come back up. Far cheaper than a new router.

Rebooting my phone now. I did something to annoy the GPS and it's hitting the battery pretty hard .

First step to fix a problem...

Reboot.

330hrs

grin.gif

Bummer I just killed the battery last week when I was out. Hadnt charged it in two days and was using it heavy and without a charger...

It was over 2 months per the uptime app. I was saving up to get a screen shot of something really good.
cry.gif

They do tell the masses sometimes thart airplane mode isnt good enough...

On some airlines outside of the US they don't allow phone use during the entire flight, regardless of mode. Silly, I know.

The main reason I powered it down was to conserve battery. In the US, I typically just put it in airplane mode and never power it down.

Up to 667 hours since the last reboot. Yes, I know this is a few weeks old, but it takes some time to see considerable uptime.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
and it is rock-solid. Using the NOVA launcher. The phone is very different from the Samsung release builds and I greatly prefer it this way
thumbsup2.gif

NOVA launcher is a must. Just put that on my Nook HD+, almost sold it due to the mediocre app performance (reading experience is still very good). NOVA is vastly better than the B&N default launcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back