UPS that automatically restart?

That’s a fair point, and something I’ll test with the new batteries.

Problem is, for better or worse, our power is so reliable that it can be years between an outage, and the UPS doesn’t seem to realize that the capacity is lost/degraded.

I know the APC Smart-UPS does a periodic battery test. Unsure what others do. Maybe pull the cord and test it manually every few months?

I know the APC Smart-UPS does a periodic battery test. Unsure what others do. Maybe pull the cord and test it manually every few months?
I’ll just flip the breaker and watch it when I think of it. I hate to cycle the ups prematurely, but I’ll probably do so once I put the batteries into the existing unit just to watch it. Maybe even let it deplete fully and then bring power back as a test….

I’ll just flip the breaker and watch it when I think of it. I hate to cycle the ups prematurely, but I’ll probably do so once I put the batteries into the existing unit just to watch it. Maybe even let it deplete fully and then bring power back as a test….
I've used an electric heater or hair dryer as a good static test depending on the size of the unit. We have a 30Amp unit at the warehouse that I tested using a 1500 watt space heater to simulate a close to 50% load. That would have been the max the unit would have seen.

I thought most, if not all, UPSs would either by default come back on after a power failure or could be configured to do so.
That was my complaint with CyberPower. It should have come back on after a long power outage but did not. I think they have replaced two for me already. I don't want to have a UPS that might or might not come back on depending if there is a defect in the UPS.

So over time I will replace the CyberPower with APC SmartConnect.

Got a rack mount APC to replace a CyberPower this week.

Back