Jobsite Security Camera options?

I've searched but didn't find anyone using specific "job-site security" cameras for a construction site.

I'm asking because our current security cameras have been terrible. (Vosker). These are battery powered and are supposedly charged by a small solar panel on the camera. They communicate wireless (Non Wifi) with 4G. These Vosker cameras just don't work well. The solar panel on each camera is non adjustable and batteries die within days.

Anyone have experience with security cameras or a brand that works and is durable? Thanks ahead of time!

Do you need actively monitored cameras? (bad guys show up and 30 minutes later the cops show up).

We have used Pro Vigil with good results.

I looked into Amazon Blink recently but its residential. The cameras could work theoretically with a hotspot somewhere. I'm even going to reccomend it to my mom so she can watch wildlife. Once its goes on sale again I'm pulling the trigger.

Do you need actively monitored cameras? (bad guys show up and 30 minutes later the cops show up).

We have used Pro Vigil with good results.
Thanks. At this point, I think we just need to be alerted to any perpetrators entering the premises. Over the 4th of July, we had a group of kids break-in and deface/vandalize one of our building sites. The Vosker cameras failed to respond and we could have had law enforcement there. The cameras need to be communicating with us when they are triggered. (Like a Ring doorbell.)

I have a Reolink wireless hooked to a Reolink solar panel. Been up for 5ish years. Zero problems, but it only detects IR, and only up to 30 feet from the camera. Don't know if it's appropriate for a high-dollar security system...

We use OxBlue construction cameras. But they are mounted on other buildings and more for monitoring construction than security. Very high quality images and recording. Remote zoom is great too. I think they are $20-30k though. I believe you can rent them too.

Interesting ideas and choices. We are probably looking for a less expensive solution. Not a foolproof solution. just a step-up from the cameras we already have.

I know it's a tall order and certainly, the 110+ degree weather here in Phoenix does not help. I've read that Ring has a new contractor setup from Home Depot. I need to look into it. We would like to have these cameras mounted and solar powered/battery back-up. Can't really use a hot spot due to some remote areas.

Reolink... I'll check them out.

I use a $5/month t-mobile hotspot with Wyze cameras. Works great as long as it doesn’t run out of data.

Interesting ideas and choices. We are probably looking for a less expensive solution. Not a foolproof solution. just a step-up from the cameras we already have.

I know it's a tall order and certainly, the 110+ degree weather here in Phoenix does not help. I've read that Ring has a new contractor setup from Home Depot. I need to look into it. We would like to have these cameras mounted and solar powered/battery back-up. Can't really use a hot spot due to some remote areas.

Reolink... I'll check them out.
We use Arlos in Glendale.

High temperatures make infra-red motion detection much less effective. Your outside temperatures are at and above a human body temperature. Motion detector devices use infra-red to detect the warm temperature of the human body or object passing through a space. Not to say impossible but cheaper unit might have an issue.

Typically on an indoor device a combo unit using microwave and infra-red is used in hot environment. With that said. I am not saying all infra-red motion is bad but the good would normally cost a little more. There are also other detection methods such as "contrast" ... Some of the better units will use a combination where detection is utmost important for a fast response outdoors.
A good unit should tell you its normal motion operating temperature. As far as recommendations I cant make any now that I am out of the business and advances happen overnight... but maybe this will help if one knows some questions to ask.

Back