Uniroyal Tiger paw

I know it's an old thread, but I wanted to add that I bought Tiger Paws for my Buick. With only 28,000 miles on them, they are at 2/32" tread. I have the front end aligned when I got the tires. There's no unusual tire wear. The tread is even across the tires and all tires show the same wear. I do rotate them regularly. I'm disappointed in these tires.
The old (model) ones or the new ones?

I would be careful with Uniroyal Tiger Paws. Those tires used to be OEM on lots of GMC/Chevrolet new cars. So, since I had many Chevy and GMC products thru the years my experience with them is not so hot.
#1 1976 Chevrolet Chevelle Laguna TypeS3 with about 22,000mi I had an (oem) Tiger Paw blow out (front passenger side) on highway doing about 55mph. Managed to pull off road safely.
#2 1986 Chevrolet Monte Carlo SS with about 19,000mi we had an (oem) Tiger Paw blow out (front passenger side) on highway doing about 65mph. Managed to pull off interstate safely.
#3 2009 in a different 1976 Chevrolet Chevelle Laguna TypeS3 show car I had a Tiger Paw blow out (again front passenger side) on the interstate .... I had thankfully slowed down from 70mph to about 55mph trying to pull off the road as I could tell a belt let go or something had happened as the car started shaking and pulling to right side badly. Before I could get off the road the tire exploded with the sound like a grenade went off underneath. By the time I got stopped the tire had shredded and tore the front fender to pieces and damaged the right front of the specially painted aero designed front bumper. I escaped injury but ended up with over $5000 damages that took a body shop near 6 to 8 months to find parts and repair / paint.
My experience with those tires leads me to tell folks and myself to just avoid Uniroyal tires completely. I am not even so sure how available they are anymore? Be careful and beware of Uniroyal Tiger Paw tires.

The TIGER PAW A/S are different from the previous Tiger Paw .

Go to these for pictures of the new tread pattern .

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/t...ing-of-uniroyal-tiger-paw-touring-a-s.345352/

Pictures of NEW and OLD T.P.s' for comparison :

Last edited:
My brother had tigerpaw AS tires on his Audi. He had a belt separate on him and a major bulge last year. The tires were about 18mo old and had less than 20k miles on them, and still had about 60% tread left. I had the same tires on my civic and other than taking a lot of weight to balance, they were fine for 2+ years.

Well let me join the dogpile. I bought Tiger Paws AWP II some 22,000 miles ago for my Camry. They are already all at 4/32; I'm waiting for AT's Fourth of July sale to put new ones on. They are a 65,000 mile tire, with an 11.0 inch original tread depth. Fortunately I get prorates from AT or else I would be fairly upset. As it is, I really can't see myself buying these ones again.

Back