UH-OH! Now Brady has GRONK in TB!

I figured...Brady would have a monster year and then struggle in the playoffs as his 43 year old body slowed down due to all the hits and a long NFL season. Boy was I wrong, the guy looked/played younger as the season went on. Guess that’s what happens in warm weather and playing with three receivers that are pro bowl caliber players? And having a great defense doesn’t hurt either.

He might win it again next year with that team if they can stay together.

As a Steelers fan, i hate Brady because my team would have at least 2 more rings if it were not for him.

But man he just keeps on winning, and winning, and winning.

A few years ago I bought into the Belichek is great hype, not so sure now. Give me Brady in his prime and a decent defense and I could have won a few rings as coach. :ROFLMAO:

I figured...Brady would have a monster year and then struggle in the playoffs as his 43 year old body slowed down due to all the hits and a long NFL season. Boy was I wrong, the guy looked/played younger as the season went on. Guess that’s what happens in warm weather and playing with three receivers that are pro bowl caliber players? And having a great defense doesn’t hurt either.

He might win it again next year with that team if they can stay together.
Staying together and staying healthy are the two biggies here...

Lots of men that want to think of themselves as athletic want to stay in shape. To many, staying in shape means lifting weights, bulking up the biceps, forearms, thighs, etc. Lots and lots of weightlifting and not so much on the cardio or other types of exercises. On another board I participate in a poster recently asked others for workout tips. The vast majority of responses described their weight lifting routines.

Brady will never be accused of being a body building demon. Whatever he has been doing does work. Maybe some other athletes will start to take notice of how he does it.

As a Steelers fan, i hate Brady because my team would have at least 2 more rings if it were not for him.

But man he just keeps on winning, and winning, and winning.

A few years ago I bought into the Belichek is great hype, not so sure now. Give me Brady in his prime and a decent defense and I could have won a few rings as coach. :ROFLMAO:
As a Patriots fan, I remember those playoff games very well. I would honestly blame your coach for those two loses...those Steeler teams were very talented.

The Steelers won 2 Super Bowls while Brady was with the Patriots and I was happy for at least one of them (the year you guys beat Peyton Manning in Indy).

Always appreciate how good the Steelers are almost every year...if the Patriots could draft receivers like you guys do, Brady would still be in New England.

Brady's last season on the Pats was painful to watch. He seemed to be a half step late in getting the ball off. I watched this happened to Bledsoe too. Turns out, it wasn't Brady slowing down so much as it was the offensive line not blocking well enough

It's clear that health has something to do with it. Gronk said he was healthy this year, other years he always got injured and had back problems. The Chiefs had problems due to a few backups on their offensive line and the Bucs didn't have to blitz as much and could still drop into coverage. Mahomes was also battling turf toe and had his own injuries. It's basically who's healthy at the end of the year and how good you are with backups. I think some of those years where Brady didn't play well, it turned out he was injured somehow but they would never want to blame a loss on an injury.

It's clear that health has something to do with it. Gronk said he was healthy this year, other years he always got injured and had back problems. The Chiefs had problems due to a few backups on their offensive line and the Bucs didn't have to blitz as much and could still drop into coverage. Mahomes was also battling turf toe and had his own injuries. It's basically who's healthy at the end of the year and how good you are with backups. I think some of those years where Brady didn't play well, it turned out he was injured somehow but they would never want to blame a loss on an injury.
The Chiefs losing their left tackle absolutely killed them, then they shuffled their right tackle to left, their right guard to right tackle, brought someone off the bench to right guard...when I saw that, I was like...uh oh. Not against Tampa’s front seven.

That was the easiest Super Bowl Brady ever played in.

The Chiefs losing their left tackle absolutely killed them, then they shuffled their right tackle to left, their right guard to right tackle, brought someone off the bench to right guard...when I saw that, I was like...uh oh. Not against Tampa’s front seven.

That was the easiest Super Bowl Brady ever played in.
Yeah, that was the highest margin of victory he ever had in a super bowl.

I thought that maybe if the Chiefs were able to make some adjustments they'd have a chance in the last quarter and they could come roaring back like they have in the past. But there's no adjustment you can make for a bad offensive line.

Green Bay had the best chance of beating the Bucs, but they seem to be cursed when it comes to post season play. Since Rodgers has been the starter, it's been their defense that usually lets them down in the play-offs, though Rodgers' post season history isn't very good, he always seems to have a rough game when he's needed the most. Though many consider Rodgers as one the best QBs to ever play the game, I think his reputation will end up being much like that of Marino's... a great QB who just couldn't finish the run...nobody will catch Brady in terms of SB wins...

.nobody will catch Brady in terms of SB wins...
A significant number of Houston Texans fans think Deshaun Watson will surpass Tom Brady in every way, including SB wins. They have already loudly ordainded Watson as the GOAT.

I am not kidding.

The only people who aren't sick of him are the people who root for the teams he plays for...as long as he keeps winning, he ain't retiring...
That seems to be a basic human flaw in more things than just sports. :LOL:

Reactions: JC1
You have to understand the mindset of some Texan fans. For example, they were infuriated that Brady won the Superbowl during Black History month. They hate Brady and call him "racist" becaus he won. D Watson is their racial hero right now. Watson IS plenty good, but if he really was the GOAT, the Texans would have won more than 4 games. A GOAT elevates his team, especially over a four year period. D Watson has a total of one playoff win in his career, I think.

The GOAT beat 3 Superbowl MVPs to get his 7th ring. Brady has played in 5, won 4 super bowls after the age Joe Montana retired. He's won more Superbowls than any franchise. He's won a super bowl in each of the past 3 decades. 17 division titles. 83 playoff touchdown passes. 34 playoff wins. It goes on and on.

Back