TYC or Carquest Alternator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Trav
Originally Posted by researcher
So I went with TYC for about $109, lifetime warranty. I did order two and one was made in china, the other made in taiwan. They both came with test reports. The one from Taiwan was MUCH better in it's output!

So I returned the made in china, kept the taiwan made. It's been running consistently for the past 5 years, no issues, no voltage or amperage issues. But to consider what I have "Scrap metal", its far from that. Trav.. I do appreciate your input but I will have to disagree with my one-off experience.

Maybe I just got lucky? Maybe the taiwan made ones are better..

You just said the made in China one was sent back because it was not as good, a lot has changed in 5 years AFAIK there is no more made in Taiwan unit from this company.
TYC is a known low quality parts vendor. I remember when Borg Warner, Moog, and Standard were real premium products...
I am glad you got a good one but past experiences from years ago are not really relevant today as far as the parts business is concerned.

trav- yeah I see your point about being 5 years ago.. yes a lot does change. I didn't even know they stopped the Taiwan made alternators. If that's all I could get from TYC was that made in china one, I wouldn't have used it. Glad I got lucky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back