Two different Honda clutch release throwout bearings?

The original bearing in the car has an outside diameter of 60.3 mm like NSK 47TKT3101B,

Original release bearing 60.3 mm.JPG

the new one I got in a clutch kit is 65 mm like NSK 47TKB3102A,

Exedy release bearing 65 mm.JPG

The inside diameter of 31 mm is the same on both.
The diameter of what rides on the pressure plate is the same on both.
The width of the hooks where the fork attaches is the same on both.
Any reason I can't use this? NSK lists the two separately, https://nsk.incony.de/web/na/en_DE/PKW/45/4577/14410/applicationSearch.xhtml

As long as all the critical spots measure the same and the part fits with no interference, I wouldn't think you'd encounter any issues running it. Probably just a superseded part, narrowing down manufacturing and inventory processes?

If it fits, I'd run it with no worries.

I'd call your local Honda dealer and see if this is in fact true or if it is for a Similar vehicle i.e. Acura or something

Reactions: hrv
I'm sure (based on the dimensions) that both bearings will interchange; provided the heights are the same and they both fit the fork. There is some overlap in the part numbers according to RA catalog.

I've always found it odd how Honda will list two different part numbers for the same functional part and in other cases, both parts will be assigned the same part number:

Untitled-24.jpg

Maybe just different manufacturers.
Yes exactly.. Honda usually has "backup" manufacturers/suppliers for parts, it's why they list in parenthesis the supplier's name. But it will look and measure identical to each other..

I do find it odd that exedy is giving you a larger outside diameter of the throwout bearing.. Exedy is probably the supplier of the pressure plate and clutch to Honda anyway!! But.. I think you should check with a local dealer's parts dept, see if you can measure the genuine part. Just to be safe.

Back