TW Seal & Shine

That could've been the problem. I know collinite clings like ugly on an ape. Meguiars and others say clay doesn't fully remove wax. Perhaps a light polish or alcohol rub down would've proved beneficial.

What is the odds grampi gives it another chance?? This thread turned comical to me when Nufinish and following directions were mentioned in the same paragraph. Lol

Originally Posted by BAJA_05
What is the odds grampi gives it another chance?? This thread turned comical to me when Nufinish and following directions were mentioned in the same paragraph. Lol

^^ I agree, I was just about to post and back grampi up and then saw that comment about Nufinish which is a really good product.

Anyway, fast forward to the original OP post.
I too have had the same issue with "blotching" using the TW Ice Spray and Wax which is the sister product to the Ice Seal and Shine kind of.
I LOVE the product because I can spray it on everything, plastics, rubber etc and the result is always good, in fact I bought a second bottle, then, I noticed the same thing on my Metallic Black Traverse and my wifes Metallic Dark Gray Mazda, it was unmistakable the blotchy effect on the hoods of both cars.

I guess I will try the suggestions in here of course and go really light on the spray. I corrected the condition simply by applying my go to polish and that is NuFinish! The NuFinish restored the look.
I dont know, l'll give it another try, but ready to go to plan "B" and use a paste wax or my good old standby NuFinish and use the Turtle Wax Spray and Wax anyplace near the plastics of the outside of the vehicles. God I hate what New Finish does to black plastic as well as most other paste wax.

In fact Im almost sure to go to Plan B and start using paste wax again. Many, many decades ago I loved a product called Dupont Rain Dance but again, same issue with black plastic. NuFinish has always been my go to product for the cars and boats. I just want to try something else. TW does have Ice Paste Wax but rarely see it around, at least not in any Walmart stores. I also noticed for some reason Consumer reports makes no mention of it in their tests.
The TW Ice past wax is supposed to be good for plastics too.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by buster
Did you shake the bottle well first? I have excellent results with it.
yes

Yes, I will try it again. Since the vehicle I used it on is new to me, I had no idea what, if anything was applied to the surface before. I never intended it to be my base wax anyway, I mainly want to use it as an in between wax to lengthen the amount of time of protection between applications of the Collinite 845. It may go on very nicely on top of the Collinite...

Originally Posted by BAJA_05

What's comical is someone bringing up NF in a thread about a new wax...it's like we just went back in time 40 years...some people just won't give up that old garbage...

Interesting. I used it very sparingly and wiped it off very quickly. Don't let it sit at all. You can also spray directly on to your cloth. I'm considering going back to it as it was far superior than the McKee's 360 I'm using now.

Grampi was not the one to bring up the orange bottle stuff in this thread.

Originally Posted by billpace1956
It sounds like the OP took the lazy way out on this product. Didn't follow instructions. He should just use nu finish and then he would get a great shine if he would follow their instructions. He would also get a long lasting shine at that. But, he would need to follow up and apply a second coat ( of nu finish ) with in 30 days. It is in the instructions. I always get great results when I follow the instructions with whatever I use. Oh well......

Interesting. I used it very sparingly and wiped it off very quickly. Don't let it sit at all. You can also spray directly on to your cloth. I'm considering going back to it as it was far superior than the McKee's 360 I'm using now.

This is the key here. Working in small sections, mist the product and spread quickly. Immediately buff with a clean towel. For best results, after finishing go back and repeat.

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Only other things I can think of would be to apply it in the shade and on a cool surface.

Please read previous posts...I already explained all of the conditions when it was applied...

Originally Posted by grampi
Yes, I will try it again. Since the vehicle I used it on is new to me, I had no idea what, if anything was applied to the surface before. I never intended it to be my base wax anyway, I mainly want to use it as an in between wax to lengthen the amount of time of protection between applications of the Collinite 845. It may go on very nicely on top of the Collinite...

I found that S&S is easiest to apply (at least on my cars) if I remove everything else first. In your case it might be worth trying a small area to see if you like it; just wipe with alcohol, let it dry, then apply S&S.

Originally Posted by RyanY

I found that S&S is easiest to apply (at least on my cars) if I remove everything else first. In your case it might be worth trying a small area to see if you like it; just wipe with alcohol, let it dry, then apply S&S.

If I can't get satisfactory results applying it over the Collinite 845, then I will just continue using Original Bike Spirits as my in between polish/wax. I know it works well when applied on top of another wax...

SNS is meant to be applied first. I don't think it works well on top of something else.

SNS is meant to be applied first. I don't think it works well on top of something else.

If that's the case, then it likely won't become part of my regimen. Collinite is my go-to sealant, and that isn't likely to change anytime soon...

I'm pretty sure that is the case. It's meant to be put down first.

I asked Turtle Wax this question last summer and this was their response:

"Although, please be warned, our ICE Seal N Shine does work best as the base layer of protection. It will of course still provide hydrophobic properties and protection on your vehicle. Please be careful not to over apply product as this may cause streaking! "

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Only other things I can think of would be to apply it in the shade and on a cool surface.

Please read previous posts...I already explained all of the conditions when it was applied...

Sorry, I read the OP a few days prior to that post and forgot some of the details.

It will work but the durability will be greatly reduced. Usually sealants go on first then wax.

Grampi, you are happy with the Collonite so I would stick with that and use the Turtle Wax stuff as a spruce up after washing until it's gone.

"Although, please be warned, our ICE Seal N Shine does work best as the base layer of protection. It will of course still provide hydrophobic properties and protection on your vehicle. Please be careful not to over apply product as this may cause streaking! "

Yeah, I have decided to go back to long lasting "paste wax" or the liquid equivalent.
I came from a time of Dupont Rain Dance, loved the stuff, lasted forever.
Then onto NuFinish, great product but like a lot of waxes, messes up the black plastic.

I liked the idea of the spray stuff because you could cover everything with it, plastics, glass, anything. But it does create streaks on my metallic black vehicle. Ill try using less.

Anyway, with all the hassle I am going to try the Turtle Wax Paste or Liquid Ice and wax like I did with the other products above. Will get at least 6 months out of it and I can cover plastics and such.
Thing is, stuff is hard to find, only place you can buy the paste is Amazon and only place you can buy the liquid form is Advance Auto.
Im walking through auto stores and Walmart and shocked at the lack of polishes and waxes, I mean, like, nothing except the easy to use spray stuff.

Im kind of shocked, I guess, the new generation, throw away generation doesnt even bother waxing anymore. (except people in these types of forums)

Had this discussion with my wife and we drive around to stores looking for Turtle Wax Ice Paste wax, no one had it, not even Walmart, I mean we are talking about Turtle Wax!
Anyway, after thinking about it, waxing and taking care of cars has gone away. Mentioned to my wife now that I think about it, when was the last time we EVER saw anyone in our community waxing their car or working on their car? Ummm ... never! Decades ago, it was common.
Same goes for gardening, landscaping, really anything unrelated to the internet is now a pastime. :eek:)

Originally Posted by alarmguy

Yeah, I have decided to go back to long lasting "paste wax" or the liquid equivalent.
I came from a time of Dupont Rain Dance, loved the stuff, lasted forever.
Then onto NuFinish, great product but like a lot of waxes, messes up the black plastic.

I liked the idea of the spray stuff because you could cover everything with it, plastics, glass, anything. But it does create streaks on my metallic black vehicle. Ill try using less.

Anyway, with all the hassle I am going to try the Turtle Wax Paste or Liquid Ice and wax like I did with the other products above. Will get at least 6 months out of it and I can cover plastics and such.
Thing is, stuff is hard to find, only place you can buy the paste is Amazon and only place you can buy the liquid form is Advance Auto.
Im walking through auto stores and Walmart and shocked at the lack of polishes and waxes, I mean, like, nothing except the easy to use spray stuff.

Im kind of shocked, I guess, the new generation, throw away generation doesnt even bother waxing anymore. (except people in these types of forums)

Had this discussion with my wife and we drive around to stores looking for Turtle Wax Ice Paste wax, no one had it, not even Walmart, I mean we are talking about Turtle Wax!
Anyway, after thinking about it, waxing and taking care of cars has gone away. Mentioned to my wife now that I think about it, when was the last time we EVER saw anyone in our community waxing their car or working on their car? Ummm ... never! Decades ago, it was common.
Same goes for gardening, landscaping, really anything unrelated to the internet is now a pastime. :eek:)

You speak the truth, brother! But on a "positive" note, lots of people have gotten really good at Halo and Fortnite!

Back