Trumpet Oil for Pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: billt460
Thanks for the link. Have you, or do you know anyone who has tried their 1911 magazines? They produce their own on their own tooling for just $6.99 each for 10 or more..... And about how thick is that lube at room temperature?

https://www.e-sarcoinc.com/191145automagazine.aspx

No idea about the 1911 mags as I've never used them.

LSA is thin but not really drippy. Think applesauce or a decent milkshake. If you glob it on it'll drip, brushed on thin it stays put.

BSW

Originally Posted By: gman2304
... Lets don't over think this.

This is BITOG.
wink.gif

Remoil seems to work fine for maintaining a blued firearm finish. It seems way too light to be used as a lubricant.

This has been an enjoyable discussion to read.

Many commercial gun oils fall somewhere on the "petroleum distillate" spectrum, sometimes with some sort of essential oil or other oil added in either for a specific property or just to give the product a unique smell.

I use a lot of Ballistol, but at the end of the day I know it's not much more than some mineral oil with a little bit of oil of anise mixed in to it. The latter does give it some interesting properties-notably the way it emulsifies with water.

Aside from Ballistol, most of the time I use 3-in-1 oil and then a touch of lithium grease on metal-to-metal sliding surfaces(pistol rails, revolver actions). I know 3-in-1 is mineral oil with a little bit of citronella, but I like how it smells
smile.gif
. My blue guns also get a period wipe-down with 3-in-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back