Truck got tow out off my new car port at my apartment

Hi looking for some suggestion . Last week I sign up for a car port at my apartment . I pick the spot I want . My apartment send me a link to register my truck . I did . 2 day later I got approve email say I’m ok to park there. They call me yesterday for make first payment for the spot . I went online and pay for it .

Today after work . My truck is missing . I came in the office and they look it up . Did say I got approve but no parking spot number . I show the manager I did all the step they told me to do . From the email to register to approve letter and make first payment like they ask .

They say I have to pay the fee and go get my truck . I say no it’s not my fault I follow all the step on my end . It’s your fault for not key my info in with my car port spot number .

I went home mad . I got an email say my car port number is now register . Then the manager text me say if I want go pick up my truck I can with no fee or she take me there tomorrow .

My main concern was they drag my truck cause I can see from the skid mark . And my truck is 4x4 . I hope they don’t do no damage draging my truck .

What if my truck damage , what I need to do ?

IMG_6082.jpeg

I'm crushed....and skeptical. Is this real?
If so, I empathize too.
If a rib....WELL DONE!

edit: Hope your vehicle is OK too.

Last edited:
Looks like they dragged your truck which flat spotted 2 of the tires. If it's bad enough, the tires will thump when driving at high speed as they're no longer perfectly round.
I really doubt it, I've locked tires on the track and no flat spots I could feel? I think it will be fine, I'd just have a look underneath with the manager there when you get the truck back, for any possible damage and move on.

• Helpful
Reactions: GON
I think the truck will be fine but sorry to hear about the aggravation you went through. At least the apartment management finally stepped up and are covering the charges.

Reactions: GON
Check you driver's side rear wheel for damage, skid marks look really close to the curb. But It could just be the angle of the pic.

Last edited:
Doubt there was any damage unless they scratched or dented the body. Look it over closely for damage on the body and rims when you pick it up.

The apartment or the towing company ?
Could be both. I am not a lawyer, so I can't say anything for certain. If the truck is damaged that's the tow company. But. If the apartment had done their job correctly it never would have been towed. So they are also responsible. So they may both owe you money. Hopefully all is fine and you won't have to deal with any of that. Good luck.

Back