Travel Laptop

I am looking for a good Travel Laptop. My Budget is around $300 to $550 Max. Would you buy a refurbished Laptop for $400-$500 that retailed new for $3500 or get a new Laptop? I was looking at open box ASUS Expertbooks and Dell Precision Refurbished. I almost bought a Lenovo Ideapad 3 refurbished for $319 Amazon renewed. I have had bad luck with HP, never owned a DELL. What do you think?

I am looking for a good Travel Laptop. My Budget is around $300 to $550 Max. Would you buy a refurbished Laptop for $400-$500 that retailed new for $3500 or get a new Laptop? I was looking at open box ASUS Expertbooks and Dell Precision Refurbished. I almost bought a Lenovo Ideapad 3 refurbished for $319 Amazon renewed. I have had bad luck with HP, never owned a DELL. What do you think?
dellrefurbished.com.

You can get some decent intel 10s series in a grade A.
They also usually run a 40-50% discount towards the eoq.

dellrefurbished.com.

You can get some decent intel 10s series in a grade A.
They also usually run a 40-50% discount towards the eoq.
I was on that website, I have a few in my cart. I am trying to figure out what models are made in Taiwan. My work laptop is a DELL precision 7670 Made In Taiwan.

I was on that website, I have a few in my cart. I am trying to figure out what models are made in Taiwan. My work laptop is a DELL precision 7670 Made In Taiwan.
thats difficult, and assume only their support team can determine. Id skip the tablets and look at ones that are the easiest to work with, have at least 16gb of ram, ssd, and w10 pro installed. From there the sky is the limit.

I have a very old but durable Dell Latitude E6430 with a lighted keyboard that I use when traveling. It has a DVD drive, ejectable HD, and a swappable battery. I'm running W10 Pro on it.

I quit traveling with my laptop and got a Amazon tablet. Does everything I need to do and runs a long time on its battery. Its light and eazy to pack and takes the same charger as my phone. No extra supply to pack. Wife has iPad Pro 12 inch with stylus. Me , I like simple.

I use a HP Spectre in 13" flavor for my work/travel computer. If you want it to last longer the business models of laptops like Dell Precisions, Lenovo ThinkPads, and HP ProBook/elitebook/zbooks are the way to go. Personally, I like carrying a smaller laptops. 15" tend to be right on the cusp of backpacks; 13" laptops are easier to fit and allow more space to carry things in my backpack if I'm travelling light (I can fit 3 days of clothes in my backpack with laptop.)

What kind of computing capabilities are you needing this machine to be able to do? I would suggest a Chromebook.

We've had a few chromebooks over the years, and they all seem to get slow after a few years. My iPad seems to be bogging down now, it seems to choke on a number of websites, what with all the stupid ads. Which isn't a fault of the computer I know. Regardless, I'm starting to get used to wider screens, this computer is 1440 wide and about as narrow as I'd care for now, for even just casual websurfing.

I am thinking of shelling out money for a Dell, had good luck with Lattitude at work but currently have a Precision which I like, nice and small--but new probably costs what I think a used car should. Not sure I'd want to spend more than $300 on a used laptop and I'd only assume maybe 2-3 years before moving onto the next one. 14" or 15" is about the right size I think for portability, but then again, I'm using a BT full sized keyboard right now, the laptop is too small for comfortable typing (and it's broken anyhow).

We've had a few chromebooks over the years, and they all seem to get slow after a few years.
I haven’t run into any issues with my machine bogging down or running slower it’s going to be 4 yrs old this march. It’s an Asus I would say mid range Chromebook its performance is really as good as day one even the battery is still in decent shape. Are your machine high end, mid or budget entry level?

Chromebooks are disposable and have compatibility issues.
Agree the cheaper Chromebook’s are junk I had one that i used for a side business and it was horrible my asus machine which is a mid range Chromebook performs much better even being close to 4 yrs old and it still has another 2 years of updates. Depends what you’re looking to do with a Chromebook speaking of compatibility.. I have no issues using my brother printer have a USB to Ethernet dongle used at least 2 different Bluetooth mice with it.

I haven’t run into any issues with my machine bogging down or running slower it’s going to be 4 yrs old this march. It’s an Asus I would say mid range Chromebook its performance is really as good as day one even the battery is still in decent shape. Are your machine high end, mid or budget entry level?
Pretty sure low end. Got what we paid for I know.

I had an Acer Aspire One years ago (ironically just got a pair recently for $25, why I don't know). Even on Linux it seemed to age out quickly.

Back