transynd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2005 Chevy 2500hd Duramax with Allison trans and i cant belive the price of the required Transynd fluid ,is the amsoil replacment any good and will it void my warrentee?

Transynd is now required with the Allison? I have a 2003 and the required fluid was Dex III with Transynd as an optional "upgrade". Can you check your manual again?

A good place for Duramax and Allison information is www.dieselplace.com

Transynd is not factory fill for GM pickups (transmissions that are mfg in Baltimore - trucks assembled in Flint and Pontiac). Pickups do switch to Dex VI (as in six) starting this month's production.
Here's some info for pickup owners:
http://www.allisontransmission.com/servlet/DownloadFile?Dir=publications/pubs&FileToGet=SA3931EN.pdf

The Allisons built at Speedway Indiana for commercial OEMS are factory filled with Transynd but not all OEMs top off with it, some use Dex III.

Although Amsoil claims equivalency, they have not tested to GM TES295. Here is the list of approvals for the Transynd spec:
http://www.allisontransmission.com/service/autoapp172/viewpage.jsp?ThisPage=3

Transynd has been developed with refuse truck and city bus fleets. It has really demonstrated excellent life in high temp/high duty cycle operations.

However the Amsoil does meet Dexron III which is all that is needed for the pickup and it will undoubtedly do a fine job.

[ July 09, 2005, 06:42 PM: Message edited by: nascarnation ]

There are two choices:
Use the OEM required fluid and change interval. Enjoy the downtime when the allison fails on you.

Or, upgrade the tranny, use any fluid, and enjoy a trouble free transmission.

How long is the AT warranty for?
Is this truck worked hard?

I think that if you can afford the truck, then you should have no problem buying the fluid.

Amsoil's statement about no alternate approved TES295 fluids is incorrect. My link above lists them, including Mobil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back