Trading in the VW Jetta for a new ? ? ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice choice. If I were ever win the lottery it would be high on my list for a toy. Don't get into too much trouble with it
grin.gif

inb4 "inb4 nick trades focus for impreza"
Not happening =| I'm quite happy with my focus thanks.

Originally Posted By: Nick R

Well now, if you review your older posts, you were also "quite happy" with the Cruze and the CX-5 initially, and look where that got you.
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Nick R

Well now, if you review your older posts, you were also "quite happy" with the Cruze and the CX-5 initially, and look where that got you.
lol.gif

Well in the case of the CX-5, by this time I knew I wanted to trade it in. I'm nowhere close to that point, I'm extremely satisfied where I'm at right now. I said it and meant it, that I'm not getting rid of this one.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Looks fun, how much was it ?

I owed 13k on the VW and they gave me 13400 trade in value.

The sticker price for the WRX was 28k with all it's added accessories.

I walked out the door paying 27k.

That includes 8% Philadelphia sales tax, tag fees, title fees, destination, ect . . .

I did my research, I knew what I wanted to spend. And that was that.

The $400 I had left over from the trade in I used to buy Gap coverage.

Last edited:
Nice ride!
20.gif

what was the dealer price on the WRX before trade, taxes, and fees?

Originally Posted By: k24a4
Nice ride!
20.gif

what was the dealer price on the WRX before trade, taxes, and fees?

Unfortunately from what I've observed at least in my area, WRXs aren't really discounted a whole lot, since they don't make a ton of them, so his deal is probably pretty decent. STIs might get a better discount, but that is only because they approach $40k when loaded up. A $28k WRX seems to have no shortage of buyers.

Nice choice! Looks like a Premium trim? Love the color.

I bought my WRX (base model, Dark Gray Metallic, 5 door hatch) in September 2011, have ~26k miles on it and I love it! Great all around vehicle. Plenty of power, but still practical -- plenty of front and rear seat room and headroom, reasonable ride quality, quiet enough. Can put a smile on your face, or just be driven like a "normal" car without having to compromise on utility or comfort.

One thing I've noticed over the past couple years is that WRX and STi owners pretty frequently wave to each other on the road. It's kind of nice to drive a car with a following like that, welcome to the club!

Any options on the car? Did you get the STi short throw shifter? The tailpipe peeking out in one of the pics looks like it might have the optional STi catback exhaust, but maybe the base tailpipes are just different between the sedan and hatch, I can't remember.

FWIW, I had the same experience with insurance. I'm a little older than you (not much) but insurance on mine is the same or less than it was for my previous Civic coupe (which was an EX, not even an Si).

Originally Posted By: PandaBear
Figured it is either a WRX or a Lancer Evolution.

And Evo X would probably bust the budget, but a Lancer Ralliart would not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back