Tractor Supply hydraulic oil class action suit

If you purchased Super S Super Trac 303 Tractor Hydraulic Fluid, Super S 303 Tractor Hydraulic Fluid, CAM2 ProMax 303 Tractor Hydraulic Oil, and/or CAM2 303 Tractor Hydraulic Oil in any of the states of Arkansas, California, Kansas, Kentucky, Minnesota, Missouri, New York, and/or Wisconsin, between December 1, 2013 and December 31, 2021, you may be a member of a class action that has been certified by a Federal Judge.

I believe it says on the jug not intended for use on tractors made after something like 1972.

Out of all the the people “eligible” for the lawsuit, how many used 303 in a 1973 and newer tractor?

It looks like they were selling garbage "waste" oil and referencing it as suitable for John Deere's obsolete 303 and J20A specs and others. Basically, it's your fault for buying our garbage but thanks for the cash.

#1 reason I went with Deere branded fluid.

Pretty much anything with 303 spec could be damage causing junk.

I might have considered the better brand names such as VP racing or Traveller.

There were stories of guys with EXPENSIVE tractors needing repairs for using this 303 swill... save 1000$ on maintenance now needs 100k repair!

Last edited:
#1 reason I went with Deere branded fluid.

Pretty much anything with 303 spec could be damage causing junk.

I might have considered the better brand names such as VP racing or Traveller.

There were stories of guys with EXPENSIVE tractors needing repairs for using this 303 swill... save 1000$ on maintenance now needs 100k repair!

If someone owns a 100,000 or 200,000 or 500,000 dollar tractor or any other heavy equipment….

Then they should read their OWNERS manual for the right hydraulic or transmission fluid to be put in them.

Period. You have expensive high use equipment then the owner should be extremely aware of what specific approved fluids are needed to be put in them.

Plaintiffs allege that Smitty’s/CAM2 303 was made with inadequate and inappropriate ingredients including used transformer oil, used turbine oil, and line flush, did not meet equipment manufacturers’ specifications and was not appropriate for use as tractor hydraulic fluid or hydraulic fluid.

Really!

Plaintiffs allege that Smitty’s/CAM2 303 was made with inadequate and inappropriate ingredients including used transformer oil, used turbine oil, and line flush, did not meet equipment manufacturers’ specifications and was not appropriate for use as tractor hydraulic fluid or hydraulic fluid.

Really!
I remember reading a random oil from PQIA that was similar to that. It had used oil, other unidentifiable stuff and some coolant.

Really!

Ok.. True.,

But was it labeled for JD-20 ? Or other tractor specifications or approvals ?

I highly doubt it did that.

Then the world Champion putting or changing their tractor transmission or hydraulic fluid should read their owners manual and purchase the correct fluid for it.

Back