Tractor Advice

Green or orange if you want the largest dealer presence and resale value.

All the rest are fine machines too depending on your expectations.

I would give Mahindra and LS a hard pass, I've heard too many problems with post sale parts and support.

You pay a premium for green and yellow paint, it may be a decent tractor, but not worth the added expense for the luxury of owning a green tractor OR the price of parts OR the "proprietary" electronics that only a green technician can service with a green diagnostics computer.

Kubota has always been a great tractor, I had one many years ago, bought new, used hard, never any problems with it. It was a B7100, 4x, with loader and rototiller, while small, about the size of a current BX model, it was a powerhouse!

I might consider a Kioti, I just don't know enough about them to make an informed decision.

Probably the biggest factor in choosing a brand will be the quality of the dealer and what is locally available to you. If you have problems, it will be up to you to either haul the tractor back to the dealer OR pay for them to come to you, so the further a dealer is from you, the more difficult and/or expensive transportation will be.

Good Thread. I'll be making a Tractor purchase spring/summer of 2022. Being in northern Indiana, we have excellent dealer networks that have full service shops that represent the major brands. Mahindra is sold by a dealer who's focus is sport off road vehicles so I am not considering them. (of course) Deere & Kubota have a strong footprint here but the brand that I have most interest in is Kioti who have 4 dealerships split between 2 owners. Their CK2610 HST is my machine of choice with a Pre-Teir4 power-plant. Its a heavy machine with excellent lift abilities and (if I choose) can be "tuned" to obtain additional power by adjusting the injector pump's rack limit screw. The current CK2610 shares the 3A165 engine previously used in their DK35. This unit will be used for snow removal, grapple brush & log work and general maintenance of 5 wooded acres located in the "snow belt".

Can you give me the contacts of these dealerships, if you don't mind private messaging me? Please. I want to buy a new tractor too. I want to find some kind of compact model. You can write your suggestions for the best options to buy to evaluate their parameters in an automatic program for checking the quality of machinery. I always do this, so I don't get bogged down on one model and spend three hours checking its data. It'll help me greatly if you do it here in the comments. These models shouldn't be earlier than 2000.

Back