TPMS tool

Recommend me a good scanner to find out which sensor is bad. Or maybe tell me the best way to find out.

If you want to have any sort of functionality like activating the sensor, reading pressures, reading codes, etc., you'll need something like the Autel TS-508. They're not cheap anymore and I see them on the net for $279. If you're only wanting to know which sensor is bad and you never have any intention of programming your own sensors or doing any sort of position relearn after a tire rotation then just take it to a tire shop and ask them to identify the bad sensor.

2012 Honda and 2011 Nissan checking in here. All 8 functioning well. Honestly surprised. Glad Costco replaces them for cheap since I assume their time is coming.

A couple years ago I bought four new tires from Tirerack and four new Denso TPMS sensors from Amazon for my 2008 Altima.

I went to a local tire shop and had them do the install. When I brought the car home, the TPMS warning light came on. Took it back to the shop and they did whatever process they do again. They still couldn't get it to work and told me I probably got bad sensors from Amazon, and the only thing they could do was replace all of them with the sensors that they use.

I bought an Autel 501 from Amazon. Followed the instructions and was successful. The 501 is now sitting on the shelf collecting dust in my garage.

How cheap? Might be worth joining Costco if they sell them cheap enough! (Or I could ask them at my next call at one, the Express has a dead set).
They had a poster up at my Costco. $45 which includes installation. They use Dill branded sensors.

Back