TOYOTA 90915-10003 factory filter CUT OPEN

Originally Posted by ARCOgraphite
Originally Posted by Patrick0525

A China manufacture and new higher tariffs , we get higher prices. Great !

No, you just buy something sourced from a different region O.E.

I had been trying to find Japan made depth type filters. I recently found out that even in Japan 90915-10003,10004,20003,20004 filters are now being imported from China. The design is totally different.

For example the 10003 variant pictured by the original post is almost like the YZZF2 made in Thailand.

It must be cheaper in Japan to import from China than it is to import from Thailand.

Interesting and thank you for posting. I will have my first OE Toyota filter filter opened up in 5 mos or so and will post.

For comparison here is a pic of a Lotus OE, China COO, apparently Denso manufactured filter. Replaced with a Thailand COO Denso made Toyota OE from the dealer. The Lotus box had a Toyota part number 90915-YZZF1, and various part sources xref to the -10003 and -10004. Appears identical save for the black vs. orange ADBV.

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by PimTac

"I gotta look up that manufacturer before i cast more aspersions on Denso - they were O.E. Siamese or Singapore IIRC."

They haven't called Thailand Siam in decades.

Denso is a Japanese based company with factories worldwide. If the tariffs go through then I suspect production in Mexico will ramp up if it hasn't already.

Not since June 23rd, 1939

The pleats on the Toyota cartridge-in-a-can filters are easily the best looking/spaced and are constructed extremely well with quality adhesive materials.

With the many many many millions of miles driven on these filters it's hard to argue that any perceived inadequacies related to efficiency have a real bearing on real world effects or performance. These work, and work well, certainly "good enough."

Last edited:
Originally Posted by blupupher
How dare they not put endcaps on their filters!

Serious question, are the end folds sealed? I see glue in the center 1/3, but the outer part looks unsealed?

The Denso line does have endcaps. Every other component is identical to the filter Denso makes for Toyota. Correction: Denso uses louvers while the Toyota unit has holes.

Originally Posted by haggler
This looks exactly like the thailand mazda filters, except with an ADBV.

Yep and I suspect they both come out of the same plant under a shared agreement though I have not confirmed that.

Originally Posted by jongies3
Wait, they started using spin ons on the Camry again?

With the new 2.5L that was phased in with the FMC for 2018 MY. The V6 still uses a cartridge filter though.

As an aside, starting in 2016, the 1.8L in the Corolla went back to spin on, as well.

Originally Posted by haggler
This looks exactly like the thailand mazda filters, except with an ADBV.

The Thai Mazda filters are manufactured either by Denso or by Toyota Boshoku (Toyota's parts division, think AC Delco or Motorcraft) or possibly, by both, depending on who has the capacity at the time. The two companies are pretty closely affiliated.

I googled the part number once and found an import log detailing a shipment of those filters from Toyota Boshoku's Thai factory to Denso Canada.

Regardless, either company makes a quality part, and Mazda has no problems using their filters. Toyota owns a piece of Mazda, too, so it wouldn't be shocking to see Mazda source parts from Toyota.

Last edited:
Back