Toyo Versado LX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any opinions of the Toyo Versado LX? I'm thinking of getting a set for my car (we've had very good luck with Toyo's on our trucks). The price is definitely right and the (few) reviews I've seen looked very positive. There's just very little, good or bad, out there on the net.

I do almost entirely highway driving (about 25k miles/year); though I don't live in the snow belt, it would be nice to have something that wasn't terrible in the snow for when I travel to see family at Christmas.

I have only one car that Michelin does not make a tire for. I use a Toyo Proxes 4 that is a terrific tire. Cheap, very sticky and wears well.

Can't say anything bad about them.

Just had a set put on my 07 Toyota Avalon last week, in trade for a set of Copper cs4"s under the 45 day test drive.

I have about 500 miles on them so far. OEM was Michelin, 1st set of replacements was the Coopers (about 2000 miles) and now Toyo.

Toyo is the quietest of the bunch. Totally amazed at how a V rated tire can be so quiet.

Toyo seems to be the stiffest sidewalls of the bunch, but not in a harsh way. Steering response seems better with Toyo.

No rain or snow yet so no info on that part.

All of this is just my opinion based on seat of the pants.

As another data point, Consumer Reports tested these tires and just published data this month on them. They ranked in the upper half of the ratings, and didn't really have any deficiencies (they tested the T-rated version). They found snow traction to be above average, and tread life was excellent. They also noted that wet and dry braking was "very good", as well as ride and noise. Sounds like a pretty well-rounded tire, so to speak.

Thanks for the info. I currently have Goodyear Wrangler SR-A's, which despite their very poor ranking on tirerack, have served me very well for the past 50,000+ miles. My only complaint is that they have always been very loud.

I'm going to go with the Versado LX's (T-rated) and give them a shot.

What kind of vehicle (and tire size) do you have where both the Wrangler SR-A and Versado LX are made in your size? A car-based SUV with 17" or 18" wheels perhaps? Seems odd for two seemingly differently-aimed tires to be offered in the same size.

I was wondering if somebody was going to mention that -- I have a Jeep Compass w/17" wheels (215 65/R17).

I'm putting about 30k miles a year and am looking to increase the overall ride comfort on daily, long, entirely highway commutes.

Those Toyos will probably do very well on your Compass, as long as you don't plan to do much more than graveling it down an unpaved road every now and again.

I just had the Toyos mounted up two days ago and so far I'm incredibly impressed. They are extremely quiet and provide a very comfortable ride. My only caveat is they do feel a little "cushy" when going around curves.

The Compass lacks much in the way of sound insulation but there is an appreciable reduction in cabin noise (I actually had no idea so much of it was due to the old tires); especially on concrete stretches of highway and on our old brick streets in town. Wet traction seems excellent at this point.

I'm looking forward to seeing how they do in winter (I live just south of the snow belt).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back