Tire tech left my car smelling like BO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by rooflessVW

Smelling of sweat and having BO so bad it lingers in a car days after you drove it into and out of a shop are two different things. When I do a 100hr service in a desert hangar and then hit the gym for an hour, I smell of sweat, NOT lingering, retching BO.

Either some of y'all stink, or you need a reality check.

Exactly. I'm not saying the mechanic might be a bit smelly, but 8 or 9 hours of sweat ain't gunna smell that bad and would dissipate in a short time, especially if the guy was wearing DO....which any employee should be doing if they contact with the public in any way. It's even disrespectful to your fellow co-workers to stink that bad. I worked in a large Chrysler store and once there was a guy that smelled pretty stinky....The shop foreman told him to go to the bathroom and wash under his arms....and guess what, the mechanic did exactly what the shop foreman said and the problem was solved, as well as making sure the guy put on deodorant. No biggie.

Again the guy should have taken a shower in the AM before arriving at work as well as put on DO...if you don't and smell you'd be warned once and then fired the next time out.
33.gif

Last edited:
Anybody that has done a hard days work and manual labor, knows the difference between that days funk and the funk of not having bathed for a few days or more. The latter funk is what weighs heavy and stays around.

Yep, I've worked a physical job all my life, and have enough pride to bathe once a day whether I'm long hauling or home every night. Go to the buffet in any given truckstop and you can smell some real funk. This the reason why I don't like buffets. You'll see someone come out of the bathroom after not washing his hands and go straight to the buffet table lol.

Originally Posted by Egg_Head
Give the guy a break. He's humping it all day busting his pumpkin and yes he's going to perspire. This isn't Nordstrom's, it's a freaking garage.

So you'd be okay with this guy stinking up your car and leaving dirty hand prints? I say this is unacceptable...

Originally Posted by caprice_2nv
Originally Posted by AC1DD
If you can't get rid of the odor you need to go back and voice your concern, you're not the only car he's placed his stink in.
Unacceptable and needs to be addressed.

They get paid basically minimum wage and there is no shower at most shops I have worked at. I'm sure he'd be happy to go home to shower while still being paid lol. The manager isn't going to do that though, he's going to work on the next persons vehicle who probably doesn't have as sensitive of a nose or is willing to drive a couple miles with the window down.
Glad the op didn't call it unacceptable.

That smell does not go away in a short drive . He needs a talking to . Could be a disorder who knows . Shop should make clients car stink free again .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back