Tire pressure gauge suggestion(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Wouldn't you technically want a gauge that goes from 0 to somewhere around 200 psi? Since most gauges are most accurate in the middle, and not on the extreme ends?

Garden variety "Class B" gauges are referred to a "3-2-3" accuracy gauge, 3% in the bottom and top quarter, 2% in the center half. That's of full scale.

So, a 3-2-3 100 psi would be within 3 psi from 0-25 and from 75-100, and within 2 psi from 25-75.

The same quality gauge, in 200 psi, would be 6 psi from 0-50 and 150-200, 4 psi between 50 and 150. So __IF__ the working pressure is under 100 psi (most automobiles and light trucks) a 100 psi scale would be the better option.

See http://winters.com/engineering/gauge-accuracy/ for more info. IN GENERAL, classes 1A, A, and B are available. IN GENERAL, to get better than 1.5% requires a 4" or larger gauge.

Remember, all general statements are false, including this one.

Originally Posted By: twouvakind
Pulled the trigger, Accu-Gage...lifetime warranty on parts and re-calibration($3 service charge)

I've had my Accu-Gage for decades now and it has worked flawlessly. I even got the rubber case for drop protection but don't know if they still offer those. Mine has the "bleeder" valve so you can keep the gauge inserted on the valve stem and bleed off excess air if needed. I've been thinking of sending it in for calibration however. I was sorry to hear about NibbanaBanana's experience, however. They were extremely prompt to return my emails regarding calibration.

Got mine, free shipping. Accurate as i need it to be. Has the rubber sleeve+hose+hold pressure feature for those low light conditions. Comes from China, lifetime warranty. Quality choice.

Originally Posted By: NissanMaxima
Originally Posted By: twouvakind
Pulled the trigger, Accu-Gage...lifetime warranty on parts and re-calibration($3 service charge)

I've had my Accu-Gage for decades now and it has worked flawlessly. I even got the rubber case for drop protection but don't know if they still offer those. Mine has the "bleeder" valve so you can keep the gauge inserted on the valve stem and bleed off excess air if needed. I've been thinking of sending it in for calibration however. I was sorry to hear about NibbanaBanana's experience, however. They were extremely prompt to return my emails regarding calibration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back