Tire place never repairs my tires

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
They couldn't even tell what caused it to go flat.

The wheel can be a source of leaks too.

Originally Posted By: Langanobob

This. I haven’t paid a shop to fix a flat in decades. Buy a plug kit and fix your own tires.

^^^100%.

I patch & plug sidewalls, too - to heck with the naysayers.

I do a LOT of highway miles, so I always have two spare tires anyway.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
This is not a forum where logic or reason applies.

I like your way of thinking. Good job.
thumbsup2.gif

They can have you sign a waiver but that does not hold up in court if something happens.

Yup, I think the lawyers call it "informed consent". People who are not technically educated in auto repair can't sign off on something they don't fully understand.

Looks like the whole spectrum has been covered, from don't risk a dodgy repair to plug the sidewall and what the heck. So who is right?.
We all are, in our own view. As long as we don't do anything stupid like apply logic and reason.....

Claud.

Originally Posted By: Ethan1
This is not a forum where logic or reason applies.

Whooooooaa shots fired
thumbsup2.gif

Liability is a huge factor for a shop that repairs tires outside the RMA repair procedures. They can have you sign a waiver but that does not hold up in court if something happens. If I was a shop I would rather lose a customer by not repairing an unsafe tire than repair it and have something happen to them later on.

AMEN my brother AMEN

Smoky

Originally Posted By: Claud
Looks like the whole spectrum has been covered, from don't risk a dodgy repair to plug the sidewall and what the heck. So who is right?.
We all are, in our own view.

I've got 27 vehicles, trailers, tractors, equipment, etc.

When I need it to WORK, I need it RIGHT NOW.
I don't care what's "dodgy" as long as it holds air long enough to finish the job.

I currently have a carriage head bolt (outside) with a nut and fender washer (inside) plugging one tractor tire hole.
As long as it holds air............

Originally Posted By: Linctex
Originally Posted By: Claud
We all are, in our own view.

I've got 27 vehicles, trailers, tractors, equipment, etc.

When I need it to WORK, I need it RIGHT NOW.
I don't care what's "dodgy" as long as it holds air long enough to finish the job.

I currently have a carriage head bolt (outside) with a nut and fender washer (inside) plugging one tractor tire hole.
As long as it holds air............

Linctex,

I am going to use your post to illustrate something. I hope you realize I am not criticizing your methods.

There is a certain amount of risk associated with everything. In the case of the above post, it's that the tire could fail and cause more than just a flat. The amount of air in tires is enough to send people flying across the room. There are even reports of large mining trucks being pushed off the haul road into the mining pit. Not a good thing.

The problem here is that one could go a long time before the risk catches up - and that might lead people into thinking that the risk is nonexistent. Unfortunately, reality has a way of teaching some very harsh lessons.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back