Thread for photos that 100% do not violate any Terms Of Service, not political, not too lewd, no gas price pics etc.

I love this bookcase!
1710852177255.jpg

The squirrels got Grandpa in 2020. We think they tripped him and he fell off a ladder and hit his head. He was 98 and left me his house with all his things. After two years I moved in and I kept his study and living room pretty much as they were. Grandpa was an avid photographer and over the decades he was the one who chronicled our family's life. He'd be there on the holidays, at weddings and funerals. Among the things he left me were his beloved Nikon cameras and lenses which he kept using until the end. While I turned Grandpa's wet darkroom into my fitness room, I did keep his camera equipment and use it occasionally for family events and such. Grandpa taught me how to use these cameras when I was about 10 years old, which means I have been handling them for 38 years. Here's his 1971 Nikon F wth a 55mm f/1.2 Nikkor lens mounted, and a 24mm f/2.8 Nikkor and a 135mm f/2.8 Tokina. I believe I have already shown Grandpa's 16mm Goerz Minicord spy still camera that he used while stationed in Cuba. Grandpa was a "diplomat."

I made the leather strap you see in the pictures for him about 15 years ago because the original one was worn out and frayed. The strap is still in good working order. It has the original hardware, buckles and keepers.

Last edited:
Back