Things we see driving around - original content (pictures you snapped)

Took the babies out so my wife could attempt to nap away her headache in Wisconsin…. Pretty area, but I’m also from further south where we don’t have hills like this off in the distance.

Once I got out of the Dells area there was next to zero traffic.
IMG_9766.jpeg

Driving on 280

A small section of Stevens Creek Reservoir and a quarry are visible in this picture that as taken from Montebello Road in Cupertino. San Jose in the valley with the Mount Hamilton area in the background.

Also Montebello Road

Vineyard along Montebello Road

Alpine Road or Page Mill Road

Highway 1, bluffs near Half Moon Bay

Also on Highway 1

Driving on 280

A small section of Stevens Creek Reservoir and a quarry are visible in this picture that as taken from Montebello Road in Cupertino. San Jose in the valley with the Mount Hamilton area in the background.

Also Montebello Road

Vineyard along Montebello Road

Alpine Road or Page Mill Road

Highway 1, bluffs near Half Moon Bay

Also on Highway 1
When we still lived in Los Gatos, Montebello Road was one of the roads I used to hone my bicycle climbing skills on. That road may be quiet and lightly traveled but it's a wall in places.

Scott

Roadside wreck in a nice woodsy area

There was CT in front of me trying to nab a parking spot.

The genius wasn't minding his front end while unsuccessfully trying to back into the spot and bumped the vehicle on the left pretty good. Then he gave up and left. I took the spot.

Last edited:
Roadside wreck in a nice woodsy area

There was CT in front of me trying to nab a parking spot.

The genius wasn't minding his front end while unsuccessfully trying to back into the spot and bumped the vehicle on the left pretty good. Then he gave up and left. I took the spot.
This is why I have large steel bumper. It will survive small bumps like this.
I will make one for the back if/when it gets bumped. I made one for the front because a side by side hit me while offroading. He was going fast on a twisty road and couldn't stop in time (and he was drunk)

BLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can't see the parking attendant who was trying to guide the bobblehead into the spot, which was about 10 feet wide. The car that got bumped was by the way in abysmal condition. The clearcoat was mostly gone from the hood and roof, rusty patches, and the bumper all scuffed and dingy with flaky paint. I doubt the owner noticed the new 3-inch abrasion on the corner. It's of course not an excuse and that Tesla driver would have hit any other vehicle just the same. After parking Moneypenny, we walked to the Alpine Inn and while we were in line waiting outside the Tesla twit came running with his [redacted by moi for being politically incorrect and not exactly woke] and they wanted to know if they had to wait in line for drinks or if they could walk straight in. I thought they already looked irrigated and straight was no longer an option.

You can't see the parking attendant who was trying to guide the bobblehead into the spot, which was about 10 feet wide. The car that got bumped was by the way in abysmal condition. The clearcoat was mostly gone from the hood and roof, rusty patches, and the bumper all scuffed and dingy with flaky paint. I doubt the owner noticed the new 3-inch abrasion on the corner. It's of course not an excuse and that Tesla driver would have hit any other vehicle just the same. After parking Moneypenny, we walked to the Alpine Inn and while we were in line waiting outside the Tesla twit came running with his [redacted by moi for being politically incorrect and not exactly woke] and they wanted to know if they had to wait in line for drinks or if they could walk straight in. I thought they already looked irrigated and straight was no longer an option.
I've had some bozo do this to our nearly new 1996 Volvo 850 back in the day. Just took off, no doubt.

Urban explorer with Swiss tags.

I encountered a few hundred bikers, Many were popping wheelies, and driving on the median, and one guy came at me going in my line squeezing past the Suburban and my vehicle. They did of course run all red lights and make a lot of notice. In the shot, you can see a quad doing a wheelie.

Back