Things we see driving around - original content (pictures you snapped)

We drove to Mount Diabolo a few days ago. This will require tow posts.

A car transporter with VinFast electric vehicles

The Caldecott Tunnel

A painted Cybertruck in Danville

Near Livermore

Last edited:

On Mount Diabolo

Natives once lived in what's now known as Rock City

A view of San Francisco from the summit. The distance is 30 miles. I can make out from left to right Sutro Tower, the Sales Force Tower, an unknown structure, the Transamerica Building, and the Golden Gate Bridge.

Crossing the Oakland Bay Bridge at night

Last edited:

On Mount Diabolo

A view of San Francisco from the summit.. I can make out from left to right the Sutro Tower, the Sales Force Tower, an unknown structure, the Transamerica Building, and the Golden Gate Bridge.

Looks wayy better painted than plain stainless

Looks like the Safeway parking lot.
It's right by the beach and for obvious reasons I'd rather park there than at the beach parking lot when I go surfing. Fewer break-ins.
I enjoy trying to figure out some of your photo locations.
I usually state the location, at least when it's somewhat interesting which a Safeway parking lot is not.

I spotted a 1970 Karmann while driving through a parking lot.

My aunt drove an early 60's Karmann (white/red). My uncle later bought her a new, '65 Mustang (V8/sport roof, silver/red). She never drove it because it had a Cruise-O-Matic

I remember sitting in the back of the Karmann (I was only 4-5 years old), going to Stanford Shopping Center with her and my mother. Aunt Bette would idle through the parking lot and the shoppers, saying "Watch out, you morons."

I specialize in S.F. and points south along the coast. 😯
The last series of pictures is mostly from Sonoma County, the Healdsburg area, and Lake Sonoma. The Porsche is in Marin and the Golden Gate Bridge North Tower is in SF County.

Ocean Beach has the best surfing in the city, HMB and Santa Cruz are best south of the city, Dillon Beach, Stinson, and Bolinas in Marin.

GoKar. Tourists rent them and go on GPS-guided tours. This is the first exit after the Golden Gate Bridge going north. The street light is identical to the ones on the bridge, so presumably it's as old as the bridge. It sports the same international orange color.

After visiting friends, I walked around the marina in Sausalito. Someone has been neglecting the deck of their yacht just a little.

I also saw this MGB

Skyline with Oakland Bay Bridge as seen from Sausalito

I happened upon a still-warm baguette.

Where you see the rock jutting out just offshore is Muir Beach. Watch out for the red-legged frogs.

Headed for Stinson Beach. Beautiful day. A bit crisp but refreshing.

Stinson Beach. I more likely go swimming than surfing there. Every 10 to 15 years someone's leg gets eaten.

On my way back into the city
Thanks for posting all those great shots of stuff I know I will never see in person. Very nice shot selections you took.

On Mount Diabolo

A view of San Francisco from the summit. The distance is 30 miles. I can make out from left to right Sutro Tower, the Sales Force Tower, an unknown structure, the Transamerica Building, and the Golden Gate Bridge.

Another home run in the photo dept!

Back