The "Unabomber", Ted Kaczynski, dead at 81.

He was suffering from late stage cancer, and I guess decided to go out on his own terms.

I saw this on the news this morning. It's no loss IMO. I don't think anyone will miss him.

Ya, there is a horrendous back story on an unethical and psychologically tortuous experiment he was subjected to during his college days three years in length.

Not excusing his behavior but, much like Aaron Hernandez, the reality is a bit more nuanced. JMO.

Feel worse for the people on shift when he did it. They'll have to sit through an investigation, which is usually never pleasant. Hopefully, they were following their policy when he did it.

Ya, there is a horrendous back story on an unethical and psychologically tortuous experiment he was subjected to during his college days three years in length.

Not excusing his behavior but, much like Aaron Hernandez, the reality is a bit more nuanced. JMO.
Interesting - I'll have to read up on his background.

I recall reading his manifesto in one of the news magazines after he was caught. Brilliant guy with some interesting ideas, but unfortunately he chose to protest by hurting and killing innocent people.

Say what we want to….

But there was a fair amount of salient truth in his manifesto….

Madness and evil encircled his mind and heart… Though that being the case the man was exceptionally intelligent man and had tremendous abilities.

Makes one wonder if he had not taken such a terrible dark turn how much good he could have done ? I’d say a whole, whole lot because he was a genius.

Evil can be most dangerous in extremely intelligent people or exceptionally manipulative people. Ted Bundy being another example of this.

Last edited:
I feel like often the difference between a genius and a psychopath is perspective. A lot of psychopaths are quite intelligent. They come to hate the world, and the people in it, not because of a lack of connection and understanding of reality, but because they understand it too well. It drives them to madness.

My wife and I watched the documentary on his life. We were both a little confused in our thoughts on him after that.

I feel like the people that subjected him to the torture when he was young needed to be executed first......IN PUBLIC.

What he went through is no different than what many boys have gone through with sexual abuse in religious settings (we all know what I'm talking about.)

My wife and I watched the documentary on his life. We were both a little confused in our thoughts on him after that.

I feel like the people that subjected him to the torture when he was young needed to be executed first......IN PUBLIC.

What he went through is no different than what many boys have gone through with sexual abuse in religious settings (we all know what I'm talking about.)

Was it Manhunt: Unabomber? My wife and I love the Manhunt documentaries.

If someone tried to pull off that same torture today, they'd be facing life imprisonment and potentially the death penalty in some states. Henry A. Murray was the man behind the torturous experiments from 1959-1962. Instead of being held accountable, he was given a Distinguished Scientific Contribution award and retired to live peacefully until his death. While he was enjoying his retirement, the product of his experiments was detonating bombs in universities and airliners.

Was it Manhunt: Unabomber? My wife and I love the Manhunt documentaries.

If someone tried to pull off that same torture today, they'd be facing life imprisonment and potentially the death penalty in some states. Henry A. Murray was the man behind the torturous experiments from 1959-1962. Instead of being held accountable, he was given a Distinguished Scientific Contribution award and retired to live peacefully until his death. While he was enjoying his retirement, the product of his experiments was detonating bombs in universities and airliners.

Yes, I believe that was the show.

IIRC, it happened in the one or more of the Ivy-League, uber-heralded Universities in the great Northeast.

You know, those same schools that turn out awesome people today. ::: ROLLEYES :::

IIRC, it happened in the one or more of the Ivy-League, uber-heralded Universities in the great Northeast.

You know, those same schools that turn out awesome people today. ::: ROLLEYES :::
I86Dsn.jpg

"I should have bombed Harvard when Mark Zuckerberg was a student there...."

-Ted Kaczynski

The guys in the departments that subjected him to horrendous abuse suffer no consequence for their role in helping to create the personality that hurt so many.

Have you every visited Harvard or Yale? You can smell weed everywhere. lol

Have you every visited Harvard or Yale? You can smell weed everywhere. lol
That is so funny.

When one applies for a position at many U.S. Federal agencies such as the CIA, FBI, etc- the application asks which of these Universities did you graduate from (going from memory- may not be exact)
Harvard
Yale
Princeton
Stanford
University of Chicago
MIT
University of Pennsylvania
Columbia
Northwestern
OTHER ___________________________

I took the listing as being very "one has to be part of the club". Why would the application simply not have an applicant list the university they graduated from. The list told me I was not part of the club, and don't bother applying.

Of not, the Anheuser Busch senior executive that approved the Bud Light campaign of recent weeks was a Harvard MBA. I suspect if she was a University of Iowa MBA, they would not have looked at her resume. And if the did hire a University of Iowa MBA, the failed marketing campaign likely would have never happened.

Last edited:
Back