"THe Pacific" mini series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else watching this?

First two bits showed this week down here. Pretty good.

i don't know how i feel about war really.

I don't know how I feel about the show. Being married to a "[censored]" makes it hard to listen to sometimes, and I haven't really ever connected to the characters yet. We had episode 5 this week.

it was people fighting people. that's what i don't get... this guy, he has a wife and kids... killing another guy, but he has a wife and kids too...

I saw the first one,next is on monday....probably won't watch it again.It will be predictable about who fought the war in the Pacific....and is correct in that it would not have been possible at all without the US.But I doubt if the bit players will get much of a mention.

Originally Posted By: crinkles
Anyone else watching this?

First two bits showed this week down here. Pretty good.

i don't know how i feel about war really.

It doesn't really matter how you feel about war now. This is a show about a war that happened 60 years ago.

Originally Posted By: Silk
I saw the first one,next is on monday....probably won't watch it again.It will be predictable about who fought the war in the Pacific....and is correct in that it would not have been possible at all without the US.But I doubt if the bit players will get much of a mention.

Of course it is predictable, it is based on history. Were you surprised when the ship sunk in Titanic?

Originally Posted By: sprintman
All shot in Australia, mainly by Aussies with lots of locals. The yanks had a ball!

Some of it was shot in the US.

Yes i was up in townsville a few weeks ago, they shot many of the jungle scenes in the daintree forest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back