The New Tax Law...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a hedge fund manager with an 8 figure income. I'm saving about $75 million a year due to the Tax Cut and Jobs Act. People in my tax bracket pay about 38% of all taxes, but we got about 90% of the benefits of this tax cut. Heck, we own Congress, so what did you expect?

Any you guys have to worry about whether paying $1 more for a Mobil-1 vs a Fram is worth it.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
java is bucking for mod status I guess, since he's appointed himself thread policeman.
Threads drift here to account for reality, but everyone should already know that.
There is nothing inherently political in questioning the wisdom of decisions and this thread invited that in any case.
Steal from future generations to fatten my pot now?
What's not to like?
This isn't political but is rather typical of how many seem to think these days.

Yeah who doesn't like a little money in their paycheck? To answer this question on his terms would be cheerleading the cause of said money.

I figure inflation and/or debt service will take care of the "new money" so I'm mox-nix anyway.

Originally Posted By: JerryBob
I'm a hedge fund manager with an 8 figure income. I'm saving about $75 million a year due to the Tax Cut and Jobs Act. People in my tax bracket pay about 38% of all taxes, but we got about 90% of the benefits of this tax cut. Heck, we own Congress, so what did you expect?

Any you guys have to worry about whether paying $1 more for a Mobil-1 vs a Fram is worth it.

37.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Extra 2.6%. Not sure what I’ll do with all this extra piles of money!

Why again is a massive fiscal policy being put into place when we have a 4.1% unemployment rate? That primarily benefits the wealthy?

Tax cuts don't primarily benefit the wealthy, they benefit the people that work for a living. Less taxes collected means less subsidies and free handouts for those who should be looking for a job and going to work, which will further drive down unemployment rates and in turn, reduce the animosity of the working force vs. the loafing force.

It has the side benefit of reducing the chances of riots because people are at work instead of roaming the streets intent on taking more that hasn't been earned.

I have not seen any cuts to my taxes deducted as of yet.

lol. But hey, the rest of us are thrilled with the $2/week we got!

So since we are on the path to make this political, I'll go ahead and give us a big boost.

We got nothing like this under Obama or prior presidents. I'm glad that for once we have a law pass that affects the little man. Even if you run a small business, the cut from this law means you can keep more of your money.

All the people naysaying seem to be regurgitating fake news from the MSM.

I'm a hedge fund manager

So where do you see the markets going from here?

I don't think the States have a real basis for a law suit. No matter what tax law is enacted there will be winners and losers. Maybe North Dakota thinks it discriminates against ranchers, or Kentucky thinks it discriminates against horse breeders, Pennsylvania complains about pencil manufacturers.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
So since we are on the path to make this political, I'll go ahead and give us a big boost.

We got nothing like this under Obama or prior presidents. I'm glad that for once we have a law pass that affects the little man. Even if you run a small business, the cut from this law means you can keep more of your money.

All the people naysaying seem to be regurgitating fake news from the MSM.

Politics - lock time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back