The meaning of POP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: buster
I've always called it soda. Is Pop more south/midwest?

We call it pop in Canada too
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: 4WD
Correct, PoP.

Wait, it’s a motor oil site, so Proof of Performance …

Yes!
lol.gif
11.gif

Back to the original topic, I think many people misinterpret what PoP really means and how it's determined.

The great thing about context is the link clearly showed which version I was referencing. Did the link bring you to a grandfather (pop), or a sound?
crackmeup2.gif

When your point is having to correct people on what PoP is, it couldn't hurt to get it correct in thread title eh? "Chance of rain" instead of PoP would need no explanation.

In the Los Angeles county area it's highly weighted to predict rain falling on the wealthy west side crowd. For other areas, it's always wrong.

It also depends on who is on deck at the NWS. Some weeks the seasoned guys are on vacation and the substitute guy claims the sky is opening up in the next 24-48 hrs. Regular gets back from vacation and the forecast (and discussion) goes back to normal, which is taking the models with a huge grain of salt.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff

The great thing about context is the link clearly showed which version I was referencing. Did the link bring you to a grandfather (pop), or a sound?
crackmeup2.gif

When your point is having to correct people on what PoP is, it couldn't hurt to get it correct in thread title eh? "Chance of rain" instead of PoP would need no explanation.

Wrong assumption buddy. I wasn't trying to correct anyone, just pointing out how they derive PoP. Of course I prfer the correct abbreviation.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: spackard
In the Los Angeles county area it's highly weighted to predict rain falling on the wealthy west side crowd. For other areas, it's always wrong.

It also depends on who is on deck at the NWS. Some weeks the seasoned guys are on vacation and the substitute guy claims the sky is opening up in the next 24-48 hrs. Regular gets back from vacation and the forecast (and discussion) goes back to normal, which is taking the models with a huge grain of salt.

Wow.
shocked.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back