The Korean War is over

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping this is real. I had a sense of euphoria reading the stories, but that's tempered with experience. I'm almost 60, and my dad was drafted during Korea. Fortunately, he failed his physical. So this has been going on since way before I was born. If it really happens, I will be really thrilled.

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
What is driving this is the recent firework show over Syria.

Don't think so.
It's universally recognized that the North can inflict horrible destruction on the South any day of the week, long before we could take out all of the artillery emplacements that the North has ready to rain shells upon the South.
Anyway, a few past administrations have provided far more impressive fireworks shows in the Middle East with no response from North Korea.

Bingo!
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
...Having your family members eaten by packs of hungry dogs and shooting your uncle with anti-aircraft guns though...

In Un's defense, you have to admit that from the side, that uncle did look a bit like a Yankee B-1 bomber.

Im glad to see it. Time will tell about its legitimacy. Im not convinced Kim isnt smart. He was educated in Switzerland supposedly. Also it takes a genius to be able to opress millions of people. A sick genius of course.

For the sake of the world I hope the peace lasts.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
I'll believe it when I see it on Faux News, not Fake News!
28.gif

36.gif

Honestly, for them to denuclearize BEFORE receiving major concessions from the UN is laughable. We'll demand they do so before we release them from the strangling sanctions and they'll demand the opposite.

I truly hope I'm wrong, but I feel as if this meeting and statement is little more than meaningless optimism, in the heat of the moment. Kind of like everything that comes out of Trumps mouth...

Trump has accomplished more in 15 months than his predecessor did in 8 years.....and the deep state is in panic mode....

Originally Posted By: fdcg27

Could be that he's recognized the long dead-end road his country has imposed upon its people for decades.

He is well traveled...
I don't know how he can conscientiously force his people to live like they do when others in the world live so much better.

The Koreans people are NOT unintelligent people, but the regime of the north has been stifling them for ages.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Having your family members eaten by packs of hungry dogs and shooting your uncle with anti-aircraft guns though...doesn't look promising.

I could see myself doing that, especially the inlaws.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27

Don't think so.
It's universally recognized that the North can inflict horrible destruction on the South any day of the week, long before we could take out all of the artillery emplacements that the North has ready to rain shells upon the South.
Anyway, a few past administrations have provided far more impressive fireworks shows in the Middle East with no response from North Korea.

+1 NOPE!

Originally Posted By: pbm
Originally Posted By: gathermewool
I'll believe it when I see it on Faux News, not Fake News!
28.gif

36.gif

Honestly, for them to denuclearize BEFORE receiving major concessions from the UN is laughable. We'll demand they do so before we release them from the strangling sanctions and they'll demand the opposite.

I truly hope I'm wrong, but I feel as if this meeting and statement is little more than meaningless optimism, in the heat of the moment. Kind of like everything that comes out of Trumps mouth...

Trump has accomplished more in 15 months than his predecessor did in 8 years.....and the deep state is in panic mode....

I'm a republican and even I think:
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back