The Guy Behind You....

1699188083502.jpg

Saw a sign painter with this on his tailgate:

”I’m sorry for driving so close to you while in front of you”

Or so many people have “upgraded” to LED bulbs that don’t meet DOT requirements…
Maybe this too. Between this and folks that can’t not have their cell phone in their face it’s a wonder that the fatality rates aren’t surging at an alarming rate. I do believe the increased numbers of crashes on a straight stretch of highway is caused by people that have the cell phone addiction.

Saw a sign painter with this on his tailgate:

”I’m sorry for driving so close to you while in front of you”
I like that! Someone could write a book about all the bad behavior on the highway…
The flankers - they pull beside a car and ride in the blind spot
The pacers - they tailgate you no matter your speed
The slow drivers who always speed up when you are overtaking them
The slow drivers who slow down when you get closer to them
The blockers who change lines to block you when you are in a passing scenario
The speed controller - gets in the left lane and won’t move
The brake checkers - they jack up on the brake just because…
The gawkers - who slow down at everything just because…
The sympathetic driver - slows to a crawl when there are traffic issues that do not effect their lane of travel
The “let’s slow down at every green light” driver who hopes the light changes so they can stop…
The driver that misses the green light because they were dinking around with the addictive cell phone
The driver that lets the cars in front have at least 100 yard start before deciding to proceed after the green light…
I can go on….
Stop me!

And add
I like that! Someone could write a book about all the bad behavior on the highway…

And add the legend in their own mind drivers who never do anything wrong on the highways. Ever.

You know, the ones who think they should slice and dice 10 mph over traffic flow and get on your bumper and flash if you hold them up. And think that they deserve to go first through a 4 way stop no matter how many were there first. And know they can make it through the yellow light and if it turns red before they make the intersection oh well...

And add the legend in their own mind drivers who never do anything wrong on the highways. Ever.
And those who think that stop signs are just a suggestion. You know, if you have the time, if you're not in a hurry, then you might give a thought to stopping, maybe.

The flankers - they pull beside a car and ride in the blind spot
The pacers - they tailgate you no matter your speed
The slow drivers who always speed up when you are overtaking them
The slow drivers who slow down when you get closer to them
The blockers who change lines to block you when you are in a passing scenario
The speed controller - gets in the left lane and won’t move
The brake checkers - they jack up on the brake just because…
The gawkers - who slow down at everything just because…
The sympathetic driver - slows to a crawl when there are traffic issues that do not effect their lane of travel
The “let’s slow down at every green light” driver who hopes the light changes so they can stop…
The driver that misses the green light because they were dinking around with the addictive cell phone
The driver that lets the cars in front have at least 100 yard start before deciding to proceed after the green light…
I can go on….
Stop me!
Think I caught them all on a trip to the hill country 🧐

Driver’s education must no longer teach dimming your headlights for oncoming traffic.
Could be, although with auto headlights and auto dimming, I suspect that if you have old school dim lights, those automatic systems might not recognize your dim lights. Which sucks, because if you are used to your dim lights, then those cars with LED's, let alone when on high, are positively blinding.

But most people are just clueless. I keep pointing out to my kids, you see that dark looking car in this overcast weather? do you think they should have their lights on? I think they get it, but we'll see if it stays ingrained.

Aghh i hate the slow people who speed up when you're trying to pass them. If im passing you i already have my pedal to the floor so if you speed up we just end up side by side until you stop accelerating.

Ahh the joys of driving a slow car

Back