The best suspension parts in todays world?

What are your guys favorite suspension parts, need to rebuild some of my cars suspensions so looking deeply into my options.

Many many brands to choose from such as Delphi, Autotechnia, Moog, MasterPro, MevoTech, Dorman, Duralast, Duralast Gold, Precision, FVP, SRT (Federated Auto Parts), NAPA, ACDelco, etc.

Many options to choose from so it’s very overwhelming. Any suggestions are appreciated!!

Out of those listed I only trust Delphi, MevoTech, ACDelco. Availability isn't the greatest though, so I do use Detroit Axle and TRQ, before I even consider MOOG or MONROE.

I couldn’t tell you a generic brand to choose. In my opinion it’s going to vary between vehicle brands. I like to research and choose either oem of it’s reasonable or find the oem manufacturer of the parts. Otherwise I’ll just look on rock auto, find a part and brand that looks good and then see if people have had good luck with that part and brand on vehicle specific forums.

You can't just assume one brand is best. Take it on a vehicle by vehicle case, specifically what options there are for each part.

Is this a high performance vehicle or are you stuck on the idea of "best" without really needing more than "good"?

Often the parts choice comes down to a few major brands and a consideration of whether there is a significant price difference. Some people will instead just tell you to pay the premium for OEM branded parts. If that OEM branded part is the same as what came from the factory and the original achieved acceptable service life, that isn't the worst idea.

I have a mix of Delphi and Toyota OE NOS control arms and sway bar links. I had to warranty a link already. For Made in Turkey, I was hoping for better. Moog, only Problem Solver line and made in Mexico or US.

What are your guys favorite suspension parts, need to rebuild some of my cars suspensions so looking deeply into my options.

Many many brands to choose from such as Delphi, Autotechnia, Moog, MasterPro, MevoTech, Dorman, Duralast, Duralast Gold, Precision, FVP, SRT (Federated Auto Parts), NAPA, ACDelco, etc.

Many options to choose from so it’s very overwhelming. Any suggestions are appreciated!!
What vehicle?

Control arms: ZF (Lamforder, TRW).
Shocks: Bilstein, KONI, Sachs

I like this post about the best.....and then you see posts about the best cheapest tire or brake pads.....:D

I like this post about the best.....and then you see posts about the best cheapest tire or brake pads.....:D

I suppose the difference is tyres and brake pads will need changing in the future, but people only want to do suspension/steering parts once

How long do you expect to keep the car? Buy oem factory parts or their identical aftermarket replacements if you want them to last. They may cost two or three times as much but you won't have to replace them again in two or three years. Otherwise, stay away from parts made in China. It might not be easy to determine where a part is made, but when I was looking for a wheel bearing for my Impreza, I found pictures of the $108 BCA bearing saying it was made in Japan. The $94 Timkin or SCHAEFFLER pics didn't say, and the $40-$80 bearings I didn't even bother to look at. Ordered the BCA.

For the price -- I have never had a probelem with Monroe Magnum Shocks. Now I dont off road or do any 4WD of course. Not saying there the best -- but not the worst neither for the coin spent.

I had a good experience with mevotech for sway bar links, but some people on this forum seem to disagree from the year old threads.
See, that's the thing: I had a bad experience with Mevotech sway bar links, and they were not Mevotech's cheap line. I do think the other posters are right: the "best" suspension parts vary by vehicle. I'm guessing this is because a company might make their own parts for some vehicles, and re-box parts for others.

I thought Detroit axle is repackaged china crap?
It's the finest Chinese crap.
Used it many times, so far no complaints. Got a box of Detroit Axle brake pads/rotors now ready to go on the Vibe.
1000018077.jpg

Last edited:
Back