Technivorm MoccaMaster Coffeemakers 30% Off - Amazon

Nice. That’s the one I’d get if I were in the market.

I like the adjustable brew basket. Seems like it would allow the coffee to “steep” a bit more (slowing the flow) when making less than a full pot.

Post a review once you’ve used it a bit and let us know how you like it!
It arrived late last evening. Got it going this morning. Easy setup and made the first pot. First few sips of the pot using 66 grams of coffee in 40 oz of water, Mmmm quite strong. Need to let it cool a bit. I'll give a update when I get the ratios rite.

It arrived late last evening. Got it going this morning. Easy setup and made the first pot. First few sips of the pot using 66 grams of coffee in 40 oz of water, Mmmm quite strong. Need to let it cool a bit. I'll give a update when I get the ratios rite.
Did you grind the beans and if so, how fine/course did you go ?

Well…

I got so excited about these Moccamasters being over $100 off list, I couldn’t resist.

Even though, yes, I just bought a new Behmor Brazen Plus 3.0 a few weeks ago!

Will they ever be this cheap again? I don’t know. I told myself they wouldn’t be. 🤣 I also had some points on the ole credit card that were burning a hole in my pocket.

My new MoccaMaster KBT (thermal carafe, adjustable brew basket) arrives Thursday.

Folks, I’ve got a problem!

IMG_3229.jpeg

Well…

I got so excited about these Moccamasters being over $100 off list, I couldn’t resist.

Even though, yes, I just bought a new Behmor Brazen Plus 3.0 a few weeks ago!

Will they ever be this cheap again? I don’t know. I told myself they wouldn’t be. 🤣 I also had some points on the ole credit card that were burning a hole in my pocket.

My new MoccaMaster KBT (thermal carafe, adjustable brew basket) arrives Thursday.

Folks, I’ve got a problem!

View attachment 190539
You won't regret that purchase. What an outstanding deal. Does it have the newer glass lined carafe?

The one I just purchased has the glass lining in the carafe. Looks real shiny in there. Easy to tell when it needs cleaning.
Same here.

Apparently, apparently both the lined and non-lined thermal carafes are still available. But I don’t know if there’s a different model number for each or not.

Surely the part numbers would differ.

Any of you fellow coffee nerds with the MoccaMaster tested how hot your brew water gets?

Mine hovers around 196°F. I’ve seen brief excursions up a few degrees higher for a second or two. 199°F was the highest, only for a second.

That‘s a wide range.

Ive measured a few times, and mine has never gotten close to 205°
I'm not so sure my methodology is very scientific. I kept the brew basket lid off and held the point of the Thermapen under the 9 holes where the water is pushed out.
One complaint I've read about is that the shower arm doesn't adequately soak all grounds in the brew basket. I've not had any issue with that in either of my two identical Moccamasters. Both consistently deliver excellent coffee every time.
I have also tried shutting off the brew cycle for 30-40 seconds for the bloom...I taste zero difference in the finished brew.
I think I timed the brew cycle from the start....6 minutes 51 seconds for a full pot...42 oz.

I'm not so sure my methodology is very scientific. I kept the brew basket lid off and held the point of the Thermapen under the 9 holes where the water is pushed out.
One complaint I've read about is that the shower arm doesn't adequately soak all grounds in the brew basket. I've not had any issue with that in either of my two identical Moccamasters. Both consistently deliver excellent coffee every time.
I have also tried shutting off the brew cycle for 30-40 seconds for the bloom...I taste zero difference in the finished brew.
I think I timed the brew cycle from the start....6 minutes 51 seconds for a full pot...42 oz.
I have the model with the 3-position valve on the brew basket that can be open, closed, or half-closed. So I measured with it closed, and held the probe about half an inch under the surface of the water, where the water out of the spray head was hitting.

Back