Tax increase under new tax bill; check yours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZZman
Crumbs for the masses. Bread for Corps and the wealthy.
spoken like a true liberal pathetic

Thanks for the correction. I didn’t catch that in the news. Or I wasn’t paying attention since my youngest is already older than 17.

Originally Posted By: windeye
Originally Posted By: javacontour
......and your child can be claimed an extra year.

The final version of the bill sticks with "under age 17 at end of tax year". If they turn 17 in 2018, you can not claim child tax credit

Originally Posted By: Donald
Regardless of whether your taxes go up or down, who wants to dump another $1.5 trillion onto the federal deficit that your kids will have to pay just to give corporations lower taxes. Corporations will buy back stock or increase dividends or sit on the money. Not give employees a raise.

I don't know about that my Birkenstock wearing friend......my company announced that because of the tax reform, they are putting $300 Million back into employee services and the local community. AT&T is investing a BILLION and giving EACH employee a $1,000 bonus.

Why be so negative? You shouldn't let ideology get into the way of a good thing.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Crumbs for the masses. Bread for Corps and the wealthy.

You are what is commonly called a "wet blanket". I also bet I know your leaning as well (how did I guess).

Spreading the wealth was cheered by some, so spreading the tax should be cheered as well.
I do not mind paying my fair share, neither should anyone else.
We are all Americans, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back