Taking the leap to self-employment.....Eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well CLine that looks dang good man!
It's what you wanted and I bet you feel good about it.
Good job and congrats! Now you can work outside as you prefer.👊

Thanks P10, I actually wanted the bay doors & awning to face the street.....But the city wouldn't approve/issue permits for that. But even for a compromise.....I do feel good about how it turned out!

Originally Posted by clinebarger
Thanks P10, I actually wanted the bay doors & awning to face the street.....But the city wouldn't approve/issue permits for that. But even for a compromise.....I do feel good about how it turned out!

You do nice work and darn nice shop sir. Keep us updated
smile.gif

CLine that is a huge accomplishment..... your not working for the man. You obviously have been wanting/ thinking/ planning this for years. Good for you Brother! Self employment has huge responsibility and I know you got it dialed in. Good luck and all the best!
Talk to you soon.

Been to busy to get much shop stuff done other than keeping the place clean, Clean for a auto repair shop anyway
grin.gif

Finally had a little break during this little cold snap, Didn't even get below freezing, But us Texans don't like it....Especially the first one!

*55" Samsung LED TV for blowing up diagrams, Should help with printer ink & paper. Kanto Full Motion Mount.....Really nice & allowed mounting to the center Post/Beam of the building using 2 10mm bolts & nuts.

*HP all-in-one in my work area, Open Box deal from Best Buy....With my rewards it was super cheap. White wasn't really what I wanted.....I'll buy a black keyboard & mouse once I ruin these. Had my computer guy come by & "De-Bloat" the Windows 10. Got HP-Tuners Editor & Scanner installed along with Alldata Pro.
Will be installing Ford Forscan & Toyota Techstream asap.......GM, Ford, & Toyota makes up @65% of the vehicles I work on. I'll worry about FCA at a later date.

*Installed a 33 foot OBD2 extension cable that reaches both bays. Hung a 10' piece of conduit @7' off the floor to run the extension out past my main work area. Ugly, But very functional!
Tested it on my dads '72 Cutlass with a '17 Camaro LT1/8L90E powertrain & a '96 Suburban, Worked flawlessly & I didn't "Brick" any modules.
This is the cable I used..... HERE
Initial Quality is very good, But has 26 gauge wires. I reinforced it with A LOT of 3M super 33 & Tesa tape on the ends/stress points.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Love the Oldsey... Kinda threw me on the OBD II.
When work is slow there is always "The Beverly Hillbillys".

Your shop is fantastic. Clean, really clean.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Very nice.

1 man shop or do you have a few employees ?

Just me, I think I'll keep it that way! Besides.....Don't have the room for another mechanic or their bad habits.

lol.gif

Still need to anchor the table to the concrete, The only thing it will press right now is me straight to the ER! Bought some 3/8" anchors from Home Depot today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back