Taking Filter Requests for Dissection

Hi all,

After someone posted on here a week or two ago about Whip City Wrencher, I went and watched a few of his YouTube videos...interesting content. I sent him an email letting him know that if he ever wanted me to send him a filter or two for inspection that I would try to do that and he's taking me up on the offer. Already planning to send him a Fleetguard LF3487 lube filter, but what other filter part numbers would you guys find interesting to see him tear into? Give me a competitive cross and I'll see if we have a Fleetguard version. Either way, I'll try to find a good example of a StrataPore and NanoNet part number for him to cut open.

Thanks!

Jay
Would be cool if you sent him a LF14000NN & LF14009NN I know Cummins sell remote mount filter head that fits the LF14009NN which would make it an interesting choice for a filter mod.

Would be cool if you sent him a LF14000NN & LF14009NN I know Cummins sell remote mount filter head that fits the LF14009NN which would make it an interesting choice for a filter mod.
I actually have a decent amount of information on both of those filters since they're top runners in our business. I've got SEM (scanning electron microscope) images of the media layers for both of those. What do you want to see/know? Are you interested in running the LF14000NN/LF14001NN on a Cummins L9/ISL9 engine?

I actually have a decent amount of information on both of those filters since they're top runners in our business. I've got SEM (scanning electron microscope) images of the media layers for both of those. What do you want to see/know? Are you interested in running the LF14000NN/LF14001NN on a Cummins L9/ISL9 engine?
If anything, most important information would be absolute and nominal efficiency ratings (Beta 75 & Beta 2) of a given particle size. One of the things I found problematic at your website is the opaqueness when it comes to filtration performance figures compared to Donaldson when comparing . SEM images of the media would be really cool.

Most likely will adapt it to a future light truck / second passenger car vehicle using a Cummins 4063933 filter head or custom machined manifold if space permits as a curiosity/fun project to extend oil capacity/filtration area.

If anything, most important information would be absolute and nominal efficiency ratings (Beta 75 & Beta 2) of a given particle size. One of the things I found problematic at your website is the opaqueness when it comes to filtration performance figures compared to Donaldson when comparing . SEM images of the media would be really cool.

Most likely will adapt it to a future light truck / second passenger car vehicle using a Cummins 4063933 filter head or custom machined manifold if space permits as a curiosity/fun project to extend oil capacity/filtration area.
Keep forgetting about this...can you send me a direct email at [email protected]? I'll be quicker to respond that way.

Back