Taking delivery of a 2019 Jetta

On Friday after work we head down to the VW dealer to take delivery of a 19 Jetta. 6 speed manual 1.4t. Comes with a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. The little Jetta is enjoyable to drive and operate. The oil bath timing belt is new to me. Everything else is pretty normal average stuff. Doesn’t look to terribly hard to work on either. The price is $16500. I feel like that’s pretty fair considering how insane the car market is. Would love to hear anyones thoughts or experiences with similar year Jettas. One small gripe is the door switches seem awkwardly far back. That was really my only complaint though.

For VW stuff, check this forum. Does where I get my answers.

Overall these are solid and are a good value per dollar. They do have a timing belt, but it is not oil bathed. The belt has a 150k inspection recommendation, then every 20k thereafter.

I hear what you are saying about the window switches, they are a bit further back than the previous generation Jetta but I got used to them quickly.

These take 508.00 VW spec oil, so be sure to use that spec oil only. The recommended interval is 1 year / 10,000 miles but I stick with 6 months / 5,000 miles to keep things fresh. These are direct injection turbocharged engines, so a more conservative oil change interval is appropriate in my opinion.

The clutches on the 6 speed manual of this gen are known to be a bit flakey for whatever reason. Not sure if it was a bad run, bad driving or both. But plenty of threads of owners having completely fried clutches well before 30k miles. Just something to be aware of.

Something else to monitor would be oil usage. The 1.4’s (which this car has) are known to consume oil. Most don’t have a problem but some do. Just check the oil weekly for a while until you confirm one way or the other, then check monthly thereafter.

How many miles on yours?

These really are great little cars. You will love the torque from the tiny 1.4 and the stellar MPG it will deliver.

Enjoy!

On Friday after work we head down to the VW dealer to take delivery of a 19 Jetta. 6 speed manual 1.4t. Comes with a 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. The little Jetta is enjoyable to drive and operate. The oil bath timing belt is new to me. Everything else is pretty normal average stuff. Doesn’t look to terribly hard to work on either. The price is $16500. I feel like that’s pretty fair considering how insane the car market is. Would love to hear anyones thoughts or experiences with similar year Jettas. One small gripe is the door switches seem awkwardly far back. That was really my only complaint though.
Sweet car. VW makes a great car. Those are torquey little motors Enjoy the new ride. 👍

Overall a good value for money considering the market and the extended warranty. Sure someone would say a new one with a manual is 20k but 16.5k for a slightly used one with a 100k b2b warranty makes it an equal to better value in my book.

I say it's good and i hope you enjoy it. Do a mtf change if it hasn't been done by the dealer already. What's the mileage on it.

Mileage is 39,000 I would have considered a new one but no one within 250 miles of me has one. They said ordering one could take 6 months . So I’m paying a little bit of bloated used car prices but whatever. It’s clean and feels new so there’s that 😀

VW has improved a lot. One of my sisters whom I've nicknamed the car destroyer had a 2001 Jetta that was a pile. She now has a 2013 Jetta with almost 180k on it and it has been holding up very well. They are fun cars to drive especially with the manual and she can see 38 mpg highway driving like she is in nascar.

Congratulations

Back