Take care

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm perfectly fine not knowing anyone's political, religious leanings.

Sorry to see Kuato go though.

Originally Posted By: Artem
^

Decent suggestion. I doubt they'll go for it. The site is too conservative.

Actually, the mods get to have their say, within their various political and religious leanings. Then get to slam the brakes on when it doesn't suit them.

Moderation on BITOG is really Ad Hoc...and by that I mean whatever take D Newton and W Wilson's fancy as and when their decision takes their fancy.

*yawn* k. bye

Lmao at the people who want politics. Already been discussed. Seriously, if you want to discuss it that bad, instead of wanting your own shout box here, go to reddit's political subreddit and post there, where the community is large, and you have minds and thought processes from around the world.

Originally Posted By: Shannow

Actually, the mods get to have their say, within their various political and religious leanings. Then get to slam the brakes on when it doesn't suit them.

^This. One mod in particular is known for getting in the last word....and then putting a lock on it. It's a big ego trip, obviously.
That being said, there are plenty of other sites that allow politics. I really don't want this site to drop that low.

Originally Posted By: Kuato
OK, I'm out. Leaving the site and won't be logging in again.

Thanks for all the great information here, I've learned a lot and hopefully contributed some as well.

Don't leave for that...

Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
*yawn* k. bye

Lmao at the people who want politics. Already been discussed. Seriously, if you want to discuss it that bad, instead of wanting your own shout box here, go to reddit's political subreddit and post there, where the community is large, and you have minds and thought processes from around the world.

You don't get it!!!
The whole idea I presented is to get Reddit members coming here. This place could add 25-50% more members.

Go after other sites memberships and have them join here. (or) Maybe Helen likes the size of this place and doesn't prefer to enlarge it.
21.gif

Sometimes it bugs me but ultimately it's for the best. Folks push the envelope and become verbally abusive and I am guilty of it. It's a great forum though. IMHO...silly to me to leave bc of this. More forums to fight on
09.gif

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19
*yawn* k. bye

You don't get it!!!
The whole idea I presented is to get Reddit members coming here. This place could add 25-50% more members.

Go after other sites memberships and have them join here. (or) Maybe Helen likes the size of this place and doesn't prefer to enlarge it.
21.gif

Reddit's political subforum is the largest. Even having subforum for individual ideas/groups if you don't want to be challenged. What incentive would they have leaving their wholesome community filled with much more content to come here?

Reddit has tons of mods for each forum to make sure things don't get out of hand. To implement even one general politics subforum here would require an influx in mods just to monitor threads. That is a major headache.

Edit: Also your idea of forcing people not to use their adblocker on that forum to generate revenue.... yeah I'll just go back to reddit's where I'm not spammed with ads that I can't block.
smile.gif
So much for that.

Last edited:

NO! Bad poster! We do not need refugees from Conde Nast's SJW bootcamp!

06.gif
09.gif
spankme2.gif
33.gif
43.gif
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: Ethan1

NO! Bad poster! We do not need refugees from Conde Nast's SJW bootcamp!

06.gif
09.gif
spankme2.gif
33.gif
43.gif
crazy2.gif

I apologize for not investigating reddit first!
I've never been to reddit. Perhaps I should have said... attracting members from the largest political and christian forums/messageboards on earth and bringing them over to bobtheoilguy.

I really nave no idea what reddit is - or about... and really don't care.

Your laughing emoti and off hand remark tells me you don’t care about anyone or you are really 12 years old trying to impress. Grow up some.

No good deed goes unpunished. Darned if you do, darned if you don't.

The original thread was about the advertising and shopping that revolves around one holiday celebrated by just one of hundreds of religious belief systems in the world. There was no religion talk per se. The discussion was about the early start of advertising and shopping. Kuato introduced the religion aspect. WWilson, I imagine, thought he would let the non religious thread continue by eliminating that one reference.

It obviously backfired, and then we demonstrated exactly why RSP is not allowed here. The thread quickly went downhill because of the lack of tolerance here for opposing views. I remember (correct me) when Donald was banned for stirring the pot trying to introduce gun discussions not in line with the general attitude here. Bigotry, plain and simple, is very rampant here.

We have no one to blame but ourselves when a topic goes downhill. Maybe we should practice self policing to relieve the moderators of being the bad guy all the time.

I live with, work with, deal with, and associate with people from around the world. I choose not to bury my head in the sand whenever I confront opposing ideas. To do so is to live in a vacuum or a bubble, whichever way you choose to view it.

Good day everyone. And remember, BITOG is just an internet social forum with occasional excellent learning opportunity. Certainly nothing to get worked up about.

This is an oil/automotive forum above all else. Creating forums here to discuss politics and religion would give us a massive amount of users who contribute nothing to oil or automotive talks. If you want proof, go to any other forum, and go see who the most frequent users are in the politics board. It inevitably ends up being the same dozen or so people who just hang around in the one spot and do nothing but whine all day and to enforce it as 'their echo chamber'.

There are literally a million other places you can talk about politics and religion right now. For BITOG to not be one of those places would be a GOOD thing in my opinion.

Is there REALLY anything wrong with saying: "Jesus is the reason for Christmas" ?

Yes, It's becoming more secular every year....

But look at the first 6 letters in "[censored]mas"

Originally Posted By: Linctex

But look at the first 6 letters in "[censored]mas"

Censored...... wow. That is just wrong.

So very very very very wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back