Taco Bell Extreme Recycling Program

I'd be interested in learning how they are recycling that foil barrier packet. These "multi-layer laminates" are generally considered to be wholly uneconomical to recycle, but perhaps this particular one doesn't have any metal.

Don't get me wrong I like DQ, but the taco truck has the best sauce by far.

Doesn't look like much, but this is the most amazing stuff on earth and will open your sinuses too... 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_20210911_223039226.jpg
    IMG_20210911_223039226.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 9
Don't get me wrong I like DQ, but the taco truck has the best sauce by far.

Doesn't look like much, but this is the most amazing stuff on earth and will open your sinuses too... 🤣
When we go to the roach coach, we always put fresh lime and cilantro on our tacos. Taco sauce imo is strictly for fast food tacos.

The plan is just a diversionary public relations move and a good one. Now Taco Bell can say it doesn't pollute as much(as long as their customers do the leg work). No one is going to be sending packets to them.

8 billion pounds of empty sauce packets every year? Complete nonsense.

Do Taco Bell even bother picking the sauce packages out of their own garbage cans? Why would they think people will bother collecting and mailing stinky or or potentially leaky sauce packages? I can imagine how it will go at the post office. "Anything liquid or hazardous in your package?" "Most certainly! 5 pounds of leaky sauce packets." Postal worker presses secret panic button.

Last edited:
Do Taco Bell even bother picking the sauce packages out of their own garbage cans? Why would they think people will bother collecting and mailing stinky or or potentially leaky sauce packages? I can imagine how it will go at the post office. "Anything liquid or hazardous in your package?" "Most certainly! 5 pounds of leaky sauce packets." Postal worker presses secret panic button.
Assuming this is not just April Fooling someone.

If they were to really "recycle" the sauce it would be on a supplier side thing, on expired sauce that no TB can use again or some contaminated scrap. If the sauce is functional and can be sent to other TB locations they should have sent from the warehouse or suppliers to the restaurants instead of recycle.

I would imagine if they are doing it they should not use USPS but a truck to pickup back the regular delivery route, then they would "recycle" it so they don't get accidentally distributed and get sued after food poisoning.

Assuming this is not just April Fooling someone.

If they were to really "recycle" the sauce it would be on a supplier side thing, on expired sauce that no TB can use again or some contaminated scrap. If the sauce is functional and can be sent to other TB locations they should have sent from the warehouse or suppliers to the restaurants instead of recycle.

I would imagine if they are doing it they should not use USPS but a truck to pickup back the regular delivery route, then they would "recycle" it so they don't get accidentally distributed and get sued after food poisoning.
I don't think old sauce packages should be Taco Bell's main concern when it comes to preventing food poisoning.

They put so little sauce in each packet, it takes 5 thousand packets to load up your meal. Only diablo is worth using. Havent been to a taco bell in years since there is literally a taco truck every block around here. For 2 bucks a taco, I can eat real meat.

Back