SuperTech still decent oil?

Yeah, another SuperTech thread.

Picked up a jug of ST 5W30 Full Syn a few days ago for my next oil change. Just wondering if it's still, after all these years, the same decent additive package. If it's trash, I'll take it back and peel off the extra coin for some Mobil 1 or something.

No, after many years, its not the same additive package.
Like, it does not have the same specific additive package used 4 years ago.
I don't think your question is objective enough. "Decent" ?

While we are on this topic; can my Canadian friends confirm it’s a OK deal? Also does Safety Kleen up there still make the Canadian version?

Thank You🇨🇦🇨🇦🍻

I would wait and ask if its "trash" three weeks AFTER you put it in your Truck.
It's just too early to say.

EDIT. Sorry.

No, its not the same additive package "after all these years"
And you should know Full Synthetic is only a marketing term.

Since it goes into my vehicles that are pushing 20 years old, even if it was "bad" it'd still be better than what was good back their day.

While we are on this topic; can my Canadian friends confirm it’s a OK deal? Also does Safety Kleen up there still make the Canadian version?

Thank You🇨🇦🇨🇦🍻
Not fantastic but still the cheapest synthetic I see at regular price. I can get ST 5w40 for $26CAD whereas it was $19 a year or two ago.

Mobil 1 0w40 can be had on sale for about $36 at Walmart sometimes. Pennzoil Euro 5w40 can be had for $36 on sale plus a $15 gift card rebate.

Myself, I like to get what works and doesn’t need a rebate….I usually go for ST if it’s in stock.

I would wait and ask if its "trash" three weeks AFTER you put it in your Truck.
It's just too early to say.
EDIT. Sorry.No, its not the same additive package "after all these years"

And you should know Full Synthetic is only a marketing term.
While reading this thread I asked myself "What does Full Synthetic" mean? I thought that it means very little and it seems that you might agree with that assessment.

Picked up a jug of ST 5W30 Full Syn a few days ago for my next oil change. Just wondering if it's still, after all these years, the same decent additive package.
No - it's not the same "after all these years". That's because it's API SP rated now, like most all other lubes. So the additive package isn't the same, obviously. That does not mean it's worse; it's simply different. In fact, if you're using it in vehicle with a DI high-compression engine, then the SP is preferred over the older formulations anyway.

If it's trash, ...
Why in the world would you think it's "trash"? Are you just trolling us for reactions?

ST offers good lubes now, just like they did a decade ago.

Kirkland is $20 for 5qt, same oil as SuperTech, API SP and Dexos Gen3. good oil
I miss the days when that was $2.49/qt. Dec 2019. Today it's $38.99.

IMG_4618.jpg

Back